huffpost.com

Supposedly so he can avoid breathing in air from flying over cemeteries.  But that might be a cover for motivation not to be contaminated by people who are traveling with vaginas.  I know a smoke screen when I see one.  Maybe.  Which motivation is most likely to bring about criticism? 

I kept wondering, how does he breathe?  I hope he didn't eat any bean burritos before the flight.  Not trying to be funny, but my goodness!

Views: 327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was under the impression that those rabbis who worry about flying over cemeteries (when El Al, the Israeli airline said they wouldn't change flight patterns to avoid the practice) had taken to the practice of adding aluminum foil (the little bit of extra protection) under their seats.  My guess is that he is just as afraid of accidentally touching those vagina carrying objects that make men unpure.

Here's another odd story.  These same ultra-orthodox women shave their heads upon marriage.  This is to keep them from  being attractive to men.   To cover their baldness in public, they wear wigs. 

Because these ultra orthodox men don't work, they live on a government stipend that they are paid so that they can study Torah all day.  This means that money for essentials is scarce.  So many of these women took to making wigs to sell.  They bought the hair from India and made the wigs in their homes.

Apparently, one day, while the husbands were studying Torah, they began discussing the hair that was being used in the making of wigs. It occurred to them that the hair came from pagans and idol worshippers, so the head that grew the hair is obviously traif (unclean).  This put the women who were providing food and clothes for their families out of work.  As women can't work outside the home, the whole family suffers horribly.  Still, it's considered a mitzvah (blessing from god) for her to allow the husband who was chosen for her to have sex using her.

That God of Abraham could be laughed at if so many weren't being harmed by belief in it.

Oh great, the taxpayers pick up the tab for this stupidity!

I can see taxpayers footing the bill for genuine disability as a part of a national health care program.  However, there is NO WAY I can see ANY government being obliged to pay for or allow for someone's religious eccentricity!

I'm wondering if Gail is referring to Israel, and not the US. If so, it's their government and tax money, and they can do what they want with it. Including paying people to read holy books and fly in plastic bags if that's what floats their boat. If, on the other hand, it's the US, then I have a major problem!

I imagine it's Israel.  Can't picture that being in the US.  But one never knows.

So sorry for not being complete.  This is in Israel, not in USA

The perfect example of how religion makes you stupid.

Go ahead, be funny.

I think its a great idea!

I think they should all be encouraged to wear those bags, just make sure the flights are long and the bags are properly hermetically sealed.

MB

You know what is crazy?  the woman reporter was thinking about him needing to breath and go to bathroom and things like that.... she siad I just trying to think of logistics...  haha..  religion... logic...religion.. logic... hmmmm.....

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service