Quantum Mechanics for Dummies - Electrons Are Weird

Einstein couldn't wrap his mind around quantum physics, why should we try? Because there are explantations that make sense out of a nonsensical world; because there are perspectives that clarify mysteries; because it is fun!

Views: 321

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Observing photons changes their reality?

Observing politicians changes their behavior and changes observers' beliefs.

I've read that the effect of "observation" on quantum systems - the way they seem to change from being in an undetermined state to a definite state, is not a matter of "observing something involves transfer of energy-momentum to it so it changes the system".  But I don't remember the details of that. 

So it's unlike the politicians :)

Thanks Humble Pie, Loren, Spud, John, Timmie, and Tom. I have most of the stuff I need in the basement, and I really appreciate the references. My wonderful mom and pop hardware store will provide what I don't have.
Well, this should get me through a few more hours of cold, wet, windy days! Thanks
Can't wait for my 10 year old great-grandson to come for a visit. We did an exploding volcano last time.

Best Grandma Ever!

Nothing in life is to be feared ...

Oh! by-the-way, I am GREAT-GRANDMA, a 77 year old seeing the world through the eyes of my great-grandchildren. Life doesn't get any better than this. Thanks Humble Pie

A shame Dr. Curie didn't understand radium a little better, though.  She might have feared it if she had!  ;)

Yes, Humble Pie, Dr. Currie didn't know what she needed to know. She left us a cautionary tale.
Thanks for all the good information and encouragement. My great-grandson, Ethan will just be sparking when we do this one.

Thanks - I enjoy learning new things - thank you Joan.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service