I absolutely hate sitting in a public place and ppl around me start talking about what god would do in this situation or keep your faith in jesus and things will get better,i mean i believe in freedom of speech but all i could think of is i wish they took time out and learn what i know about the so called jesus. I mean my disbelief in god are streghtened by reading the bible and everyday that i am here and im proud to be a member of nexus.

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am absolutely amazed at the level of ignorant faith displayed by people in western society. Life in west is generally even more technology dependent than it is in east (with the exception in Japan), most scientific advancement appears to be coming from there, a far bigger volume of scientific literature is available to the common man to educate himself, and, generally speaking, there should be much better scientific temperament prevailing among the people there. More Nobel prizes for scintific research go to westerners and there is far more scintific activity going on in the west. I do not expect that everyone in the west should be an atheist or an agnostic, but the level of stupid beliefs there makes me despondent.

Yes, it makes me proud that I am an atheist, but I also realise that all our community is still a tiny portion of humanity on earth. Where are we going?

MADHUKAR KULKARNI.

That's when I calmly walk over and ask them "You believe in god?'  When they say yes, I say "People still believe that shit?", then I laugh hysterically.  

The look of confusion and terror on their faces as I walk away is utterly priceless...

Jonah Moore

Fine strategy, but people here will get violent if I follow the same here!

Madhukar Kulkarni.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Will-I Am S. replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
10 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Joe's discussion The IRS Says It Will Finally Enforce the Rules Barring Pastors from Endorsing Candidates from the Pulpit in the group Atheist News
21 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to Joe's discussion The IRS Says It Will Finally Enforce the Rules Barring Pastors from Endorsing Candidates from the Pulpit in the group Atheist News
26 minutes ago
Joseph P replied to Joe's discussion The IRS Says It Will Finally Enforce the Rules Barring Pastors from Endorsing Candidates from the Pulpit in the group Atheist News
31 minutes ago
Luara replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
32 minutes ago
Patricia replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Why Does Prince George Have Brown Eyes? in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
40 minutes ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner added a discussion to the group Media Issues
40 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Richard Goscicki's discussion Marijuana and Atheism
43 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Joan Denoo's discussion My gravesite inscription
44 minutes ago
Patricia commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
46 minutes ago
Richard Goscicki replied to Richard Goscicki's discussion Marijuana and Atheism
53 minutes ago
Luara replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
55 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service