Prostitutes, Call Girls, Mistress, Courtesans etc

What do you say? Should it be legal? If one legalizes and regulates it then there is less crime involved. I'm talking brothels and cat houses et cetera. If we use Nevada as a basis and area for statistics we find that regulation brings in money to the government and lowers prostitution related crimes. 
I found these essay helpful http://www.freeessays.cc/db/28/lfm270.shtml

I have found that though some plans have been successful in removing prostitution from certain areas it tends to go else were and create the same issues in that place. That is illegal street walkers. 
I can't see a good legal reason to outlaw it. I see religious reasons, and possible moral reasons. 

Views: 384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In theory that's true. In practice several places still enforce them, in a few they enforce them with quite a heavy hand. Especially if a prostitute is involved.
Not only does everyone involved get arrested, but if oral/anal sex were involved they all get stuck on the sex offender list for a few decades. After all, it isn't enough to give them jail time for violation of nonsensical puritanical laws: They have to destroy every aspect of a person's life, including rendering them unemployable in any industry that isn't illegal.

New Orleans is the most recent example I know of, and that was at the start of this year.
Seriously, is there no way to take the police to civil court for these women? >.X And if they want to prosecute against anal or oral sodomy, then they should probably just start assuming it's a crime every person has committed since so many have. >.X
A better question is why make it illegal in the first place? If some people enjoy anal sex whats so wrong with that? I know its a religious morality law. Its funny but on a military installation the only authorized sexual position is missionary, everything else is considered deviant. You aren't even allowed to give or receive oral sex :( Its only ever enforced during rape cases but its still in UCMJ.
I personally don't think that adultery should be a crime punishable by any court. If you violate the trust of the person that you've chosen to be with then its an issue between the two of you. If you separate and property must be divide that is a legal issue. I can see where you should make the ethical choice to inform your partner that you are looking else where for pleasure. I just don't see where the law should be involved.
Supposedly what goes on at your house, as long as its consenting, should be your business and no one else's. However we have a bunch of people that think they are doing gods work so they stick their noses in others business.
Its funny but on a military installation the only authorized sexual position is missionary, everything else is considered deviant.

Even more funny: voluntary military service in France was open to women at the time I was conscripted, but the army still criminalized (at least theoretically) sexual relationships within its ranks as homosexuality, regardless of gender.
Trippin!
It's the same in Florida. Missionary only. Thank the FSM they can't enforce that. I wouldn't do well in prison D: And I'm poor. So they can't get any money out of me.
That is one thing that does confuse me. Laws about personal sexuality? I was doing a research paper on gay rights and there were states that had outlawed sodomy. Who on earth cares?

Yes well that's a symptom, it's not the disease. What you should be confused about is the whole concept of victimless crime. It's the sort of thing that makes me wish there was a hell so the people that managed to infect our society with it can fry forever.
How is victimless crime a crime?
Outlaw behaviour that does not cause harm, and you have a victimless crime.
Outlawing behavior that does not cause harm IS a crime, in my book.
Try this one on for size -

Ignorance is no excuse for a law

No that is not a typo. Yes that reads correctly. Think about it.
If we outlaw crime, then only outlaws will have crime. Or only criminals will have laws. Or only in-laws will be illegal. Wait. What was the question?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service