Prominent Italian historian claims fall of Rome due to homosexuality

Professor Roberto De Mattei (63), a prominent historian and friend of Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, said this week that rampant homosexuality was responsible for the fall of the Roman Empire.

From the Daily Mail:

In a radio interview, the vice-president of Italy’s prestigious Centre for National Research said: ‘The collapse of the Roman Empire and the arrival of the Barbarians was due to the spread of homosexuality.

‘The Roman colony of Carthage was a paradise for homosexuals and they infected many others.’

The 63-year-old added: ‘The invasion of the Barbarians was seen as punishment for this moral transgression.

‘It is well known effeminate men and homosexuals have no place in the kingdom of God.
‘Homosexuality was not rife among the Barbarians and this shows God’s justice comes throughout history.

More here.

Sexually suggestive scene from the movie "Spartacus"

Tags: Romo-homo?

Views: 519

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey Scott that is great info thanks,

btw does anyone know wtf is with the Africans? I cant imagine any African believing ANYTHING Europeans had to say!!!!

Scott, was this homosexuality commonly practiced in Ancient Egypt before Europeans entered?  Like Ptolomy coming to Egypt and becoming Pharoah (sp). Before that time? I am gonna read your link, as well.  Thanks for the info share!!!  I find this all interesting! 

Yes, of course.

Since homosexuality is largely inborn, the "practice" of homosexuality naturally occurs in virtually every society.  The differences arise from how it is dealt with culturally, and the evidence suggests that it was accepted in ancient Egypt as it was in Europe.

I read somewhere that in Ancient Egyptian's African dialect, before the Ptolomy's rule that there was no term for homosexuality.  I read that several times.  In the hieroglyphics, the homosexuality depicted was not that of the African Egyptian but of the invaders.  Can you direct me to info that proves different?

the ancient Spartans, it was the standard training practice for the army that a new recruit would become the... ahem... "apprentice" to an older soldier who would, more often than ..

Can you give sources for this statement?

Thank you.

I've read somewhere I'm too lazy to now substantiate that the Spartans encouraged their soldier to have love relationships because one will fight harder for a lover than for a "buddy."

On another note, Wilfred Owen was a GREAT WWI poet.  He wrote of the horrors of that war, but, since he was "gay," some christ-tard said on Fox that his poetry was slanted because Owen was more affected by mutilated young men than average soldiers would be.  Sounds very christian to me.

Then there's this that is some relevance to this thread:

http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-08-29/opinion/22949948_1_karzai-fam...

Western forces fighting in southern Afghanistan had a problem. Too often, soldiers on patrol passed an older man walking hand-in-hand with a pretty young boy. Their behavior suggested he was not the boy's father. Then, British soldiers found that young Afghan men were actually trying to "touch and fondle them," military investigator AnnaMaria Cardinalli told me. "The soldiers didn't understand."

All of this was so disconcerting that the Defense Department hired Cardinalli, a social scientist, to examine this mystery. Her report, "Pashtun Sexuality," startled not even one Afghan. But Western forces were shocked - and repulsed.

For centuries, Afghan men have taken boys, roughly 9 to 15 years old, as lovers. Some research suggests that half the Pashtun tribal members in Kandahar and other southern towns are bacha baz, the term for an older man with a boy lover. Literally it means "boy player." The men like to boast about it.

"Having a boy has become a custom for us," Enayatullah, a 42-year-old in Baghlan province, told a Reuters reporter. "Whoever wants to show off should have a boy..."

..."There's no issue more horrifying and more deserving of our attention than this," Cardinalli said. "I'm continually haunted by what I saw."

As one boy, in tow of a man he called "my lord," told the Reuters reporter: "Once I grow up, I will be an owner, and I will have my own boys..."

Surprise!!!!  different cultures do different things.

we can frown upon it, and talk bad about it but the bottom line is that it is their country.

I say , if you dont like it , DONT GO THERE!!

Hell that could be an excuse / reason to withdraw from their country (hint to Obama)

rome fell because of the newly introduced metal that could be formed into wonderful shapes for goblets; of course the ruling class made its use exclusive.

unfortunately the beverage that was consumed in this marvelous new metal was highly acidic  which reacted very strongly with this metal. this new metal was LEAD,  which meant that the entire ruling class, generals , thinkkers, emperors business men, etc. was not only drunk but crazy as hell from LEAD POISONING. with the understandable internal chaos , loss of control and confusion that the enemies took advantage of.

this was discovered by testing the bones of the ruling class who were buried in tombs which kept the skeletons safe

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service