Pro-Gun Deport CNN's Piers Morgan Petition Hits 30000 in 3 Days. Atheist Petition is Dying.

Yet my own petition to support the rights of atheists and agnostics is dying on the vine. Please sign and promote it as far as you can. Link at bottom. It has 60 signatures. It dies on January 10. No wonder the Dems threw us under the bus this morning on the Defense Bill. Even atheists do not care about atheists.

LONDON (AP) — More than 31,400 people have signed a petition [in three days-James] calling for British CNN host Piers Morgan to be deported from the U.S. over his gun-control views.

Morgan has taken an aggressive stand for tighter U.S. gun laws in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., school shooting. Last week, he called a gun advocate appearing on his "Piers Morgan Tonight" show an "unbelievably stupid man." [That "gun advocate" was the NRA Vice-President]

Now, gun-rights activists are fighting back. A petition created Dec. 21 on the White House e-petition website by a user in Texas accuses Morgan of engaging in a "hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution" by targeting the Second Amendment and demands he be deported immediately.

The petition has already hit the 25,000 signature threshold to get a White House response. By Monday, it had 31,430 signatures.

Morgan seemed unfazed — and even amused — by the movement.

In a series of Twitter messages, he alternately urged his followers to sign the petition and in response to one article about the petition said "bring it on" as he appeared to track the petition's progress.

"If I do get deported from America for wanting fewer gun murders, are there any other countries that will have me?" he wrote. [Note: the NRA wants to squelch his First Amendment rights to speak out against the Second Amendment.]

Please consider reading and signing my atheists, agnostics, and nones acknowledgement petition on the White House petition Website. Even if you choose not to sign, please consider what it means when a sitting president's campaign adviser can blithely state that he does not view 1/5 of the American public as a constituency, what it means for our civil rights, and what it means to others who are religious that hear that. It is as egregious as Mitt Romney’s infamous 47% remark.

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If i could sign the atheist petition i would.. and so should you all.

MB

Well, you're in Australia, where you have an atheist prime minister. We couldn't elect an atheist dog-catcher here.

I am no great fan of Piers Morgan ... but when he calls the VP of the NRA an "unbelievably stupid man," he is 1) exercising his First Amendment rights and 2) calling a spade a spade, whether the NRA likes it or not.  Granted, Morgan might be guilty of slander, but somehow, I suspect that the target of his speech has been called far worse.

The shame is that that man has enough knee-jerk followers to pull of that petition.  The saving grace is that I can't see Piers being deported, based on some ruffled feathers ... at least I HOPE not!

Yeah, it's funny funny that all those people who are signing the petition think he is anti-Constitution when in reality THEY are the ones who are.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Luara commented on Freethinker31's blog post Respect for other peoples culture
4 minutes ago
Loren Miller commented on Joan Denoo's blog post We need a new narrative.
12 minutes ago
Luara replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
43 minutes ago
Chris G replied to Scot Hinson's discussion Suicide ?!?
1 hour ago
Luara replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
1 hour ago
Joseph P replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Ecosystem found under Antarctic ice sheet raises hopes for alien life in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Dr. Terence Meaden replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Ecosystem found under Antarctic ice sheet raises hopes for alien life in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Luara commented on Freethinker31's blog post About that Bible
1 hour ago
Joseph P replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Ecosystem found under Antarctic ice sheet raises hopes for alien life in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Joseph P replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Dr. Terence Meaden replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Ecosystem found under Antarctic ice sheet raises hopes for alien life in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Luara replied to Scot Hinson's discussion Suicide ?!?
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service