So i meant this title as a satrical allagory to a real problom I have with religeon. (and hoping this is a proper forum post and not best a blog).

My Mother has Lupus (a disease that causes her own immune system to attack itself) and I have in my adulthood, come to terms with this as just a fact of life and a fact that could be much worse considering the circumstances. I however, HATE when I here anyone say "well god has his hand there" and my favourite "he will never give you more than you can handle".

Isn't that an interesting statement? "he'll never give us more than we can handle"...well that's presuming alot so i suppose 'god' could do that...but isn't that still kind of a dick move? I mean what? He'll give us just enough to make us reach the breaking point? In order to make us rely on him? That would be like I don't know, torture?

My contention lies with folks that beleive so strongly that in the face of obvious contradictions with there own god concept would even find comfort in "praise god my house still stands". Oh and i'm an ex christian school kid (12 years, family is evangelical) so I know the job thing, how is that not effed up? I mean god had a bet with satan?! lol?

What really gets me pissed off is that they find some divine purpose for exscusing theire own god's behaviour. I'm often asked what I would do if I was ever to meet god (usually the judeo-christian one) and I answer "spit in his eye".

Harsh, but I feel any suffering is Inexcusable. Period. Dot.

-cheers

Views: 297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My mother died of cancer of the pancreas and my step father always thought "that God was going to heal her." They had me trained for the ministry in earlier life, but I heard dad say this and was wondering "who did God last heal of cancer of anything." At my work I called mom's situation a "death sentence" and others said I didn't know anything coz "they are healing more and more cancer every day." As far as I know right now, both my mother and Patrick Swayze (along with others) are as dead as door nails!

BUT IT WOULD BE DIFFERENT IF I PRAYED, they say. If that prayer wasn't answered, it just means you didn't pray right. Maybe you need to hold your head right, use the right words, or roll around in the floor jabbering in tongues. Sorry. They would all still be dead.

THIS JEALOUS GOD that didn't like his creation killed all but a few of us once, and then his all knowing self set up some unintelligible system where he would come to earth as his own son and be among us, then we would kill him, but if we believed on him (and in him), we would have everlasting life. Looks to me like we lose and HE wins. This strange setup wants to give HIM everlasting life and the gullible do or say anything to keep on believing it all!

I also certainly agree with you on God and Satan "having a bet." The gullible cannot see that this is what the book of Job is all about. It's a stupid allegory. In the end Job gets back everything including his wife and kids. Were they the same wife and kids from before, or does it matter? If they were his same wife and kids then Jesus is NOT " the first fruits of the dead."

How stupid can religious people be??

If I would happen to meet a god, I would say to him  'Aren't you dead yet? Then you are going to die soon.'

Each and every one of us will eventually succumb to something more than we can handle.  It could be disease, despair or simply time, but in any case it will be more of something than our bodies can handle.

If a ton of bibles were dropped on a Christian, then that would certainly be more scripture than that person could handle!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service