From what I've read most Catholics and others are impressed with Pope Frankie and his back to basics Christianity. No   Prada shoes, no bling, fire a couple of Bishops and Cardinals who love the bling,  wash some poor peoples feet and all will be right with the world. And then says: "no-one else has done more" to root out pedophilia than the Church". "The Church has acted with transparency and responsibility, yet it is the only institution to have been attacked"  And now this from the fucktard. 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/06/pope-francis-is-wr...

Views: 181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I still want to know how many arrests have been made, how many trials held, and how many convictions. I still can't escape the feeling that the count is not only low but insultingly low. Comments like this only reinforce the feeling in me that Frank hasn't the slightest idea of the perfidy of his church in this matter.
Personally, I had one kid and I was fine with that. I agree that the world is flirting with disastrous overpopulation and has yet to fully recognize either the fact of it or its implications. Meanwhile, Frankie continues on with the same old rhetoric as though nothing were wrong.

It truly makes me wonder how Frank and his ilk will finally react when the truth is too obvious to ignore and the window of opportunity for correction has passed.

My daughter, age 22, does not want to have kids.  She knows the world is overpopulated, and that global warming is doing so much harm, that she would never have a child that would have to live in a world that is going to be in horrible shape.  She did say if she ever felt she wanted a child she would consider adoption.  A child that is already here, and needs a loving parent.  She doesn't feel the need to be married to do that either.

That is a good way of thinking.

booklover, it is obviously her choice -- and her partner's if and when she has one.  But what worries me is that, at least in America, intelligent, responsible people are opting to remain childless.  My older daughter is one.  But the hyper-religious, especially Catholic and Mormon, and the ... can I say stupid here? ... are reproducing like rabbits.  What will this do to society?  That frightens me a bit.

This is true Jerry!  It frightens me too. 

Well I think my son wants to get married and have kids, so that will add a couple smart Atheists... ;)

Let's see. Getting marital advice from celibate males, who have no children, but who participate in the cover up of child molestation, while at the same time condemning homosexuality, and who go to work ever day in a dress. Yeah, there's a real recipe for success!

I've been one of the few (at least I think I have) who have been less than enamored with Frankie the Gaucho since he took over from Ratzinger. And, I've said it before on here.  There should be a sign on the Vatican that reads,

Under New Management!
(Business as Usual)

I'm with you Pat,.......MUCH less than enamored.....

I'm with you too Pat.  

My wife and I decided early on that having a child was not for us.  We just celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary last week and in the all the years we've been married never have we regretted out choice.  

I was young (24) and naive 22 years ago when we had our first child. Two years later we had another. One girl and one boy. Never have I regretted it, and I love them more than life itself. If I were in my 20's now, and deciding whether or not to have children, I wouldn't do it. If I had known really all the pitfalls ,and dangers ,and worries then, I wouldn't have done it either!

I was 25 when my son was born. 29 when my daughter came along. They learned early on I had no belief in gods of any kind. My son, while in college, started a food bank and kitchen for the homeless in a major metropolitan area, which is still running to this day. My daughter, not to be outdone, paid her own money to work on a project to deliver fresh water to a village in Nicaragua. Neither one did it because of magic juju spirits in the sky, but because it was the right thing to do.

I'd take a bullet for either of them. And no degenerate low life scum bag from a religion, be it christian, muslim, judaism, hinduism, buddhism, shintoism, or any other ism will, at this point, infect their minds. They learned to think independently from the get go. I could not be more proud! 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service