Poll Shows 29% of Americans Believe Armed Revolution May Become Necessary

Tags: Armed, Revolution

Views: 645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of the advantages of academic life is that is forces you  to become a citizen of the world through travel and exchange of viewpoints in your area of expertise. You are faced with the fact that many of your colleagues speak a different language. It is amazingly good for you to recognize the differences in nationalities while at the same time sharing common interests.

I remember a case where a young man from an African country with a repressive government, after finishing a Ph.D., returned home where he was subjected to political threats. A group of mathematicians organized a fake conference in the United States to which he was invited and given a round trip ticket purchased by his colleagues so he could defect and probably save his life.

I think that the idea of a war on an abstract noun rather than a nation state is ludicrous, an outpouring of bullshit from Bush Minor, and the tragedy is that the current incumbent of the presidency has been hamstrung by the republican regressives. If a revolution is justified, it is justified to eliminate the undue influence of major corporations over the good of the people.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Joseph Corder replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Chimp-on-chimp murder. Humans are not the only violent species.
19 minutes ago
Loren Miller added a discussion to the group Atheist News
26 minutes ago
Luara replied to Travis Hedglin's discussion Whats the deal with feminism?
39 minutes ago
Luara replied to MattyLJ's discussion Moving to Florida
1 hour ago
Joseph Corder posted photos
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Loren Miller posted a status
"Doing the NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Walk this morning, a nice 3-mile jaunt. I'll let you know how it goes."
1 hour ago
"Doing the NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Walk this morning, a nice 3-mile jaunt. I'll let you know how it goes."
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Joseph P replied to Shaun Johnston's discussion Critical review of Darwin's "Origin..." 6th edition posted in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago
Plinius commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service