I have a generally well behaved Christian FB friend and she posted "what do my Christian friends think of Pokemon cards" because some of her kids church friends were making fun of them for using them. Keep in mind these are people that have a get together at church on Halloween so they can have godly fun and are not tempted. 

A few people including me posted that it wasn't a big deal and were more on the other kids that were shaming and teasing then then anything. Then this lady wrote--- FUNNY!

"I even put it into my daycare contract with the parents- no Pokemon, or Scooby Do. I'm not going to debate it, so please don't write back to me. I'm not up for discussion. But I will tell you how I feel about it, cause you are asking. My church believes that they are demonic and God HAS shown ME they are demonic. I have seen bad things happen to my child who was given cards. I ALWAYS ASK GOD TO SHOW ME THINGS. And this one he has! My church said they are spirits NOT from GOd-( I kept this in the back of my mind). And the bible teaches us, that we should only have things that do with God and never without him. When these items have snuck into my house, I kid you not- something bad has happened.... but I have found the cards later. say, in a jeans pocket or somewhere in the house. One time, my hubby was cleaning out a used car that he just bought- a fortune teller card, fell out of his big pile that he was caring to the trash. This card fell out into my living room, face down. I didn't pick it up when I saw something laying there. Figured I'd get it in the morning. At 2am, the upstairs bathroom - the water turned on FULL blast. I thought maybe one of the kids had an accident or something, and was washing off. I got up- and all was asleep. I believe these things carry power. I just turned down a babysitter watching my 5 year old because her kids play with Pokemon. I won't let me kids get near it. Sorry- but this is what has been shown to me. Again, I'm not up for debate."

I'm not a big fan of Pokemon or Scooby Do but for other reasons. Seems like god is making her more superstitios and paranoid then is healthy, huh. Ignore it lady.

I re-read that and laugh, how can she function being that freaky about things?

Please don't repost it anywhere, you know how things get around. Thanks!

Views: 252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now I know why my kids and I turned out atheist....I grew up watching Scooby Do and my kids watched the re-runs...they both were into the Pokemon craze.  Personally, I never really understood its appeal but was completely supportive and listened to endless discussions about all the Pokemon 'powers' and 'weaknesses' and how they would evolve from one creature to another creature... the amount of information my kids knew about Pokemon amazed me.  They never even really played the card game...they just collected 'rare' cards and made money at rummage sales off their unwanted stuff! Kids would trade cards at school...until it was 'outlawed' as being 'disruptive'.  I never heard this superstitious crap, however....that the cards are somehow 'evil' or dangerous to the 'soul'.  That's a new one for me.  I saw it as a harmless craze and as marketing GENIUS.

this problem has been corrected... :)

Great....they have to get their paws on everything FUN and turn it into NOT FUN. I liked the Alternate Protestant Edition....funny stuff.  Thanks for sharing.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Todd Crispin replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Hawking Likes Film on His Life in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
41 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Patricia's discussion Very Ancient Sharks Teeth Found in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
44 minutes ago
Todd Crispin liked John Jubinsky's discussion Hawking Likes Film on His Life
44 minutes ago
Todd Crispin replied to Patricia's discussion Very Ancient Sharks Teeth Found in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
47 minutes ago
Todd Crispin posted discussions
1 hour ago
Freethinker31 replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
1 hour ago
Todd Crispin replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Pope Francis confesses that Evolution and the Big Bang theory are right: God isn't 'a magician with a magic wand' in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Patricia replied to Todd Crispin's discussion Unidentified Flying Objects?
1 hour ago
Profile IconTodd Crispin, Kristi H and Connor Galletly joined Dr. Terence Meaden's group
1 hour ago
Todd Crispin posted a status
"Sitting here eating sunflower seeds waiting for smart people to create a pill to make be skinny again....lol.."
1 hour ago
Todd Crispin replied to Todd Crispin's discussion Unidentified Flying Objects?
2 hours ago
Jimmy McCann replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Pope Francis confesses that Evolution and the Big Bang theory are right: God isn't 'a magician with a magic wand' in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service