A Secret Plan to Shut Down Social Security’s Offices and Outsource ...

This is scary! Plans are afoot to reduce Social Security staff and make SSA accountable to private contractors instead of citizens.

Does the document, entitled “Long Term Strategic Vision and Vision Elements,” really propose shuttering all field offices? The answer, buried beneath a barrage of obfuscatory consultantese, clearly seems to be “yes.” Worse, the report also suggests that many of the SSA’s critical functions could soon be outsourced to private-sector partners and contractors.

Tags: Social Security Administration, privitization

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whatever these plans are, Ruth, I hope those of us who are on SS stay on it regardless of who takes it over. I have to assume that since my Medicare has been privatized and that works for them, they now want to privatize all of it and be done with it. Eligibility may change in the future but those of us on it will have to remain on it.

As for my medical coverage, I pay nothing for prescriptions and my plan is through Coventry. I also have some free YMCA and gym memberships I'm sure there is other things I'm not even aware of.

Yahoo news is hinting at this happening as you describe. They say that seniors are going online and get the wrong information, so then they have to call because local offices are closing and SS is farmed out to India or Pakistan, and they answer your phone calls now. Really? How in the hell would I know I got wrong info online in the first place? That doesn't make sense. The very fact that seniors will read that Yahoo article leaves them open to many scams. What are people thinking?

We will just have to watch it all and see what happens.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service