The Westboro Baptist Church is located in Topeka, Kansas. The Westboro Baptist Church is infamous for its protests against homosexuality, which include picketing productions of The Laramie Project, any school with a gay/straight alliance, churches that are pro-gay, and funerals of public people who supported the gay community.The Westboro Baptist Church is recognized as a hate group and is monitored by the Southern Poverty Law Center. The church is headed by Fred Phelps and consists mostly of members of his large family. As Fred has gotten older, his daughter, Shirley Phelps-Roper has taken more of a leadership role in the church.
For every hour Fred Phelps and his flock at the Westboro Baptist church protest gays, people donate a small sum of money to a gay charity. Then, after he's done protesting, I will be sending him a thank-you card showing him how much money he raised for gay rights

Please donate to Allsorts.

Allsorts is a project based in Brighton to support and empower young people under 26 who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans or unsure (LGBTU) of their sexual orientation and/or gender identity. 

Letter to Fred Phelps:
 Dear Fred Phelps,
Thank you so much for your support by protesting "such and such". You have been a big help to us and we want to thank you for all your hard work of protesting and helping use raise "insert total amount" to "whatever gay charity we pick".Again if it wasnt for your help we wouldnt have been able to raise this much.
Best regards,
George Hawkins 

To learn more about this event pleasae go to the following sites:

http://gphhawkinsrationalistsociety.chipin.com/phelps-a-thon

http://gphhawkinsrationalistsociety.weebly.com/-phelps-a-thon.html

Tags: AntiGay, Atheism, Atheist, Baptist, Church, Fred, Gay, Gphhawkinsrationalistsocieity, Homosexual, Homosexuality, More…Phelps, Straight, WBC, WestBoro, gphhawkins

Views: 35

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Enjoy this parody of Fred Phelps, "God Hates Justin Bieber"

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Joseph P replied to Rick Springfield's discussion Religion the virus of society in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
49 seconds ago
Pat commented on Freethinker31's blog post Respect for other peoples culture
2 minutes ago
Luara replied to Scot Hinson's discussion Suicide ?!?
3 minutes ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
15 minutes ago
Deidre32 liked Steph S.'s discussion Without god what's to stop me from raping all I want? Penn Jillette answers
17 minutes ago
Deidre32 replied to Steph S.'s discussion Without god what's to stop me from raping all I want? Penn Jillette answers
18 minutes ago
Deidre32 posted a status
"almost friday!"
24 minutes ago
Luara commented on Freethinker31's blog post Respect for other peoples culture
41 minutes ago
Steph S. replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
43 minutes ago
Steph S. liked John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years
43 minutes ago
Dr. Terence Meaden liked John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years
49 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
49 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service