OK, You have been invited on Leno, Letterman and Kimmel and they ask what music you wish to have played as you are introduced. what would you pick as your theme song?

Tags: Music, Song, Theme

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Something grand by John Williams.

Cool! Good choice!

Some times, if I'm pensive, it would be REM Losing My Religion.  Powerful, loss and grief.  Been there plenty.  Other times it, if I'm feeling like a bad boy, would be Cee Lo Green's "F**ck You".  It always pulls me out of a bad mood.  What I play most on my ipod is "Fever", either Little Willie John (check it out, awesome!) or the Adam Vreeland remix of Sarah Vaughn.  That last one, I can't sit still when I hear it. 

For about 2 decades, mostly I listened to classical.  Maybe I had a stroke or something, now I'm discovering music I didn't know the first time around.   I guess Leno wouldn't let me play "fuck you" so it will have to be "Fever", that first version.

Good one Sentient - I always liked the REM song "Losing My Religion".
That's a cool video!
That's a tough one. I'll have to think on it.

Let The Mystery Be - Iris DeMent

Everybody's wonderin what and where they all came from
Everybody's worryin bout where they're gonna go when the whole thing's done
But no one knows for certain and so it's all the same to me
I think I'll just let the mystery be

Van Halen - Best Of Both Worlds

Well you don't have to die and go to heaven
Or hang around to be born again
Just tune in to what this place has got to offer
Cause we may never be here again
I want the best of both worlds
A little heaven right here on earth

Well, you may be disappointed in Cee Lo. On New Year's Eve he sang "Imagine" by Lennon. Instead of singing "and no religion too", he sang "and all religion is true". Leave that song alone cee lo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfJyEZ2o_Pw

Always the standard, "I Wish You Love."  I last heard it at a venerable downtown Mexico City eatery that had its heyday in Pancho Villa's day.  They had a chanteuse and pianist and they played the usual pop and blues repertory.  Then they did "I Wish You Love."  I got very sentimental and felt my eyes wet up.  My favorite version is from the CD of Marlene Dietrich's famous London concert, backed by an orchestra hand picked by Bert Bacharach.  When Ms. Dietrich introduced the song, she said everyone knew it, but that she sang it differently: "It's a love song, but for me it is a love song sung to a child."  Her rendering has to be one of the greatest moments in popular music.

In memory of all who sacrificed the ultimate, Find the Cost of Freedom, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. 

The song is titled "Daylight Again." Then entire piece is overwhelming. I think you will like it much better. Here is CSN&Y from 2010.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service