Yes, you read that right! This came in an answer to a caller on the infamous 700 Club, where a woman was concerned she and her family wouldn't go to heaven “because they question why the Bible could not explain the existence of dinosaurs.”

After saying Bishop Ussher of Ireland was not inspired by God when he calculated the age of the earth at 6,000 years, Robertson acknowledged radiocarbon dating and stated "So, there was a time when these giant reptiles were on the Earth, and it was before the time of the Bible. So, don’t try and cover it up and make like everything was 6,000 years. That’s not the Bible."

I don't know what's going on with the old troglodyte. He recently came out and said oral sex was OK, and gave nodding, if grudging, approval, to marijuana use. Now this! And, his most shocking statement was, “If you fight science, you are going to lose your children, and I believe in telling them the way it was.” Well, not quite, since he still endorses Jesus, heaven, angels, and other such nonsense. But hey, at least it's something from the homophobic bigot whose preaching normally sounds like the rantings of striped nosed baboon on LSD.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go outside and see if the sky is falling.

Article

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think what's going on with Robertson has two possible explanations:

• Senility
  • Alzheimer's

Parenthetically, no, I don't think he's actually getting a clue.  That would be too much of a stretch!

I'm really scratching my head over this. Is he trying to sound "reasonable" and expand what may be a shrinking audience? Quetzacoatl help us if he's going to be the face of "moderate" Christians!

Has 'hell' frozen-over? :)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service