This is so outrageous I shouldn't even be giving it time and space. But read this filth and ask why this kind of thinking continues in our culture.
"Pastors Blame Wildfires on Christian Women Who Wear Pantsuits and Hats: Also to blame were abortion, a same-sex kiss, and exposed breasts.
July 1, 2013"
Religious people, if you don't denounce this belief system, then I have an obligation to denounce religions.

Pastors Blame Wildfires on Christian Women Who Wear Pantsuits and Hats
Also to blame were abortion, a same-sex kiss, and exposed breasts.
July 1, 2013 |

Tags: abortion, blame, breasts, exposed, hats, kiss, pants, pastors, same-sex, wildfires, More…women

Views: 195

Replies to This Discussion

This is the kind of crap I expect out of islamic mullahs, who seem to think that women with exposed breasts may give rise to tectonic plate shifts on the order of 8.0 on the Richter scale ... but then, as that great philosopher and shrimp boat captain said, and more than once:

Stupid is as stupid does.
-- Forrest Gump

Joan, file it under religion-induced insanity.

Falwell, Robertson, etc; their words tell the hurt they are feeling.

I hope they keep on talking, instead of bombing or shooting.

Same sex love, libertine women, exhibitions of the human body. All could lead to plagues, droughts, the blotting out of the sun, nuclear war, and ingrown toenails. We have to be ever vigilant and stamp out this profligate and lecherous behavior lest our old, white, Republican, gated and Christian communities be flooded with people of color, freethinkers, and the debauched who will destroy marriage, the family, civilization, and cause Johnson grass to appear on the fairways at the country club. In the meantime, we need to get back to raping the environment for fun and profit while having an affair with our best friend and neighbor's spouse right after going to our mega church.

If their gawd causes such tragedy due to the reasons given in Joan's post, he/she/or it is insane and worthy of contempt, not praise.  Sick and DUMB.

Joan, Where's the orginal source? I want to see it in all its psychotic glory.

On the contrary, I believe atheists MUST uncover and expose this crap, over and over.  Publicize the ignorance.  Cover it with shame and ridicule.  Scapegoating is one of religion's most vile practices (Jews caused the plague by poisoning the wells), and it must never be allowed to go unanswered.   I don't mind if  these loonies rave from within a padded cell.  But they are public figures and drag a lot of weak minds down with them. 

Alan, I found the source when I googled "women to blame for wildfire".

It's two xians on radio in Colorado.

Thanks, Tom.  There's an article in this (if it hasn't been done 100 times already), suggested title: "Blame it on the Breasts: Natural Disasters, Sexual Repression, and Pastoral Scapegoating." 

What would the poor idiot do, if there were no women to blame?

I'm sure they would blame the gay men Chris!

That ancient Chinese curse, May you live in a time of change, is responsible.

Someone laid it on those two xians.

Colorado changed some laws, two gays kissed in the state legislature, airplane movies showed breasts, and more. They believed they were cursed and went bonkers.

Alan, I am sorry I failed to put the citation in. Glad I copied the title so I could find the original.
Thanks.
Pastors Blame Wildfires on Christian Women Who Wear Pantsuits and Hats
http://www.alternet.org/christian-wildfires

Eureka! An explanation for this conservative nonsense!

In The Republican Brain, Chris Mooney cites research that shows conservatives need closure more than liberals.

Mooney's Chapter Three, on Political Personalities, goes into detail. In situations where liberals see ambiguities and use nuances to resolve them, Mooney says conservatives see problems they resolve quickly. They give themselves ill-considered explanations.

It's weirdness out of hats, as fast as possible.

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service