From The Caucus: The Politics and Government Blog of The New York Times.

Palin to Resign as Governor of Alaska
By MITCHELL L. BLUMENTHAL

"Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska announced Thursday that she would step down by the end of the month and not seek a second term as governor, allowing her to seek the Republican nomination for president in 2012.

Ms. Palin, who was Senator John McCain’s vice presidential running mate in last year’s election and rallied the party’s conservative base, explained her decision at a news conference at her home in Wasilla, accompanied by her husband, Todd, and other family members.

“We know we can effect positive change outside of government,” she said in making the announcement.

Ms. Palin, who was known as Sarah Barricuda when she played basketball in high school, used point guard analogy, saying she knows “exactly when to pass the ball so the team can win.”

She said that she planned to hand over the reins of the state government to Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell, who would be sworn in at the governor’s picnic in Fairbanks on July 25.

There had been wide speculation that she would seek to be the Republican Party’s presidential candidate in 2012. Gov. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota, who is also considered to be a Republican candidate for president in 2012, recently announced that he would not seek re-election.

By leaving office early, Ms. Palin will be able to travel around the country more freely and not have to deal with the constraints of being a governor."

Tags: I can see Russia from here, Sarah Palin for President ha ha ha

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Everyone's complicating things. The only thing at issue here is the American public's gullibility. It's the ultimate test. I would like to say I have hope with confidence, but I don't. I have hope because thinking it's possible is too horrible to think about. President Palin is not unpossible.
Seeing Obama elected has made me rethink the American public's stupidity (not sure about gullibility). He's not close to perfect, but he's the best we've seen in a while (in my opinion). President Palin is *not*, unfortunately, impossible, logically speaking, but I like Obama's chances of reelection if she's the opposition candidate, so I'm rooting for her to run and win the primaries.
This could be the way the Republican party finally splits and crashes completely. Never say never, but right now its Obamas election to lose. A long way to go, and we have to fight her as hard as the right is going to fight to disgase Obama. And not just Palin but Mr. Magic underwear as well.
She hasn't been hiking the Appalachian trail lately, has she? Maybe that's why.
I think she would have left teeth marks if she was.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service