ORIGIN OF ATHEIST PRIDE

We have everything to be proud about when declaring our atheism.

Above all, this is because we hold the intellectual high ground in being RIGHT.

Atheism is the rational and only correct way to observe and interpret Life and the Universe.

By contrast, the religious pitifully prostrate themselves at the level of the intellectual low ground because—often through little initial fault of their own, having been indoctrinated when young—they are not aware that religion is the mistaken, indeed bogus, way with which to regard the universe and its splendorous life.

Atheism is not a belief. It is the default situation into which every innocent is born.

Religion is something imposed on children’s initially-free mentality by the perverse will of elders, whether parents, school, church, synagogue or mosque.

One does not need to be a scientist to understand and agree to the atheistic viewpoint. What is needed is commonsense and a readiness to accept the results of what millions of elite scientists have discovered during the course of their hundreds of millions of experiments, particularly those carried out in the last two centuries.

The world can be proud of the history of its scientific achievements, all of which steadfastly point to an ancient universe and a neo-Darwinian interpretation of the story of Life and Humanity.

Sadly, we accept that most religionists will never give in. Their prejudiced minds are made up. They will not absorb knowledge that is new to them.

Just as we loudly proclaim our atheistic world view, we can look at the religious with pity as they humble themselves and grovel before their imaginary gods that exist nowhere but inside their heads.

Tags: atheism, atheist pride, commonsense, intelligence, life, religion, universe

Views: 980

Replies to This Discussion

http://youtu.be/OsFEV35tWsg

TEDtalk: Philip Zimbardo: Why ordinary people do evil ... or do good

‎7 Social Processes that grease the slippery slope of evil
1. Mindlessly taking the first small step.
2. Dehumanization of others.
3. De-individuation of self (anonymity).
4. Diffusion of personal responsibility. 
5. Blind obedience to authority. 
6. Uncritical conformity to group norms. 
7. Passive tolerance of evil through inaction, or indifference.

Linda, not many people approach the concepts about life's mysteries the way I do; some follow different paths. I like that! Reading and talking to a lot of different people about the meaning of life or from where does authority come is my journey and yours will undoubtedly be very different. The incredible thing is, We are alive, we have sense organs, we can think and reason and solve problems. We are equipped with all this fine equipment and the pleasure comes in using them. What good is the sense of taste if we don't pay attention to different flavors? What good is the sense of sight if we don't notice those things that can be seen. What good is a brain if we don't think and reason and explore and experiment with thought. 

I hope you will share your journey with me as I enjoy sharing mine with you. 

My friend just told me about this site and I'm so glad to have joined! I feel so outnumbered everywhere I go and lately it has been really bothering me. The question crosses my mind more and more as the years pass How do people believe that shit?

I've noticed that the only people who find god are children, people with illnesses, and recovering drug addicts.Coincidence? I don't believe so. I am proud to be the minority in the situation of religion but it does get old having people constantly trying to convert me or get me to say I'm agnostic (which I am offended by because I KNOW the truth, it is nothing I will ever say I'm unsure of). Brings me to my next point, an atheism tattoo. I want to get the ambigram atheist tattooed on the inside of my arm but I don't want to have to deal with people talking about how great god is and their "proof" of his existance every time they see it; however I am a very prideful atheist. To ink or not to ink, That is my question.

Until very recently, people thought and acted as if the only option in life was to be an adherent to some religion, and most wanted others to believe as they. I have many family members and friends who seemed to take it personally when I realized religion was a concept with which I could no longer agree. Some insisted I was wrong and would come back to the flock; others were aggressive in their denunciation of not recognizing "evidence" of god because they had "proof"; some were sad that I am doomed to burn in eternal damnation.

All these reactions seem silly to me now. I am; I exist; I am aware; I think and reason; I am part of a magnificent universe and made of the same stuff as stars.  WOW! So are you. 

yes me too - I love that concept

Linda, I feel that way as well. 

Totally agree! It seems like everywhere I turn people around me are credulous and trying to sneak their god into every little thing. It's good to know there are other Skeptical people like us out there.

As for ink, that is your choice :)

Welcome, Megan, to Atheist Nexus and to "Origins". 

Re atheist pride, the short of it is that, through simple common sense, atheists astutely accept the facts obtained by science, while the religious go on clutching at the fictions offered by their irrational 'faith' in non-existent gods.   

Oh Yes! Linda, I did not see evidence of god in my life and looked around and realized it is because no evidence of god exists. Now that our lives are impacted by so many stressors: economic, political, and religious, others begin to question and ask questions and find very fine answers in realizing they have no evidence of god either. 

'On ne devient pas athée par souhait'

Napoleon Bonaparte

I so enjoyed reading that! I am proud to be an Atheist!

I'm just glad I don't let some archaic rigid superstition control my life.  I only wish we had a more creative symbol of atheism other than the cropped atom which religious zealots love to make fun of.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service