ORIGIN OF ATHEIST PRIDE

We have everything to be proud about when declaring our atheism.

Above all, this is because we hold the intellectual high ground in being RIGHT.

Atheism is the rational and only correct way to observe and interpret Life and the Universe.

By contrast, the religious pitifully prostrate themselves at the level of the intellectual low ground because—often through little initial fault of their own, having been indoctrinated when young—they are not aware that religion is the mistaken, indeed bogus, way with which to regard the universe and its splendorous life.

Atheism is not a belief. It is the default situation into which every innocent is born.

Religion is something imposed on children’s initially-free mentality by the perverse will of elders, whether parents, school, church, synagogue or mosque.

One does not need to be a scientist to understand and agree to the atheistic viewpoint. What is needed is commonsense and a readiness to accept the results of what millions of elite scientists have discovered during the course of their hundreds of millions of experiments, particularly those carried out in the last two centuries.

The world can be proud of the history of its scientific achievements, all of which steadfastly point to an ancient universe and a neo-Darwinian interpretation of the story of Life and Humanity.

Sadly, we accept that most religionists will never give in. Their prejudiced minds are made up. They will not absorb knowledge that is new to them.

Just as we loudly proclaim our atheistic world view, we can look at the religious with pity as they humble themselves and grovel before their imaginary gods that exist nowhere but inside their heads.

Tags: atheism, atheist pride, commonsense, intelligence, life, religion, universe

Views: 1003

Replies to This Discussion

"Atheism is not a belief. It is the default situation into which every innocent is born."

You know how many times theists have told me that Atheism is a belief? It's absurd.

I tell them it is not belief it is non-belief.

"Oh, God, Pride of Man, Broken in the dust again"

-Quicksilver Messenger Service Album 1968

That "God" is inside, yes... All-powerful, All-knowing subconscious that we all learn how to connect to in some way of our own...  giving us those powers if we listen and learn and evolve WITH that subconscious.... we are never alone.

Well said

It truly fills me with pity to see so many religious people committing what is intellectual suicide. religious dogma murders the philosopher in all of us, it teaches people to accept things without evidence, the accept an authority without question and worst of all tells people not to ever ask questions. If only the could see the the beauty of the world when looked at in a scientific way is far more beautiful then any description in their holy books.

I take my view with Socrates "The un-examined life is not worth living"

I'm a bit surprised to discover this post and disappointed that I hadn't seen it much sooner.  I hope I needn't tell you that I am in utter, absolute, 100% agreement with it!  Brilliantly said, Terry!

Thank you Loren. That's a big compliment coming from an atheist who writes so much, so well, and so eloquently on Atheist Nexus. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Daniel W replied to Ceil's discussion An interesting discussion on Santa...
16 minutes ago
Leon Gretsky replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
20 minutes ago
29 minutes ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's blog post Is god good?
31 minutes ago
Glen Rosenberg replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
32 minutes ago
Ceil replied to Ceil's discussion An interesting discussion on Santa...
33 minutes ago
Scott DeLong liked Dan Barker's profile
34 minutes ago
34 minutes ago
37 minutes ago
41 minutes ago
44 minutes ago
47 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service