This one seems a bit creepy, like the middle one shouldn't be able to change rotation like that. 

from Cheezburger.com

Views: 1515

Replies to This Discussion

Genius and looks combined. It mists up my reading.glasses.

Well, a sort of fuzzy Marilyn Monroe, but definitely there! Freaky! I don't have a clue as to how people THINK UP these kinds of illusions! :-)

Wow, that's cool

Impossible ball illusion

Best optical illusions and how they baffle us

Gizmowatch brings us 10 illusions. I like #8 the best, the Cafe Wall Illusion.

For an explanation of how it works follow the link.

What is interesting to me is that I DON'T see all the illusions I'm supposed to see. Like the spiral one that is supposed to seem like it's moving. I don't see any movement no matter how long I stare at it. The other one is the circle of colored dots. They don't change color for me, and they CERTAINLY don't move. It seems to me that there is different brain machinery in different people, and some of it is culturally based. For example, I once read about a tribe in Africa that lived in round houses, and didn't fall for right-angle based illusions. And I saw a video about another tribe that had different words for colors, and couldn't distinguish some of the colors we differentiate, BUT could clearly differentiate other colors that WE can't distinguish. The brain is really a remarkable organ, and we really don't know all that much about it! Just goes to show there is a lot of fun science ahead of us! :-)

Seeing a face where there is none or face pareidolia is a byproduct of our heightened sensitivity to human face features.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service