This one seems a bit creepy, like the middle one shouldn't be able to change rotation like that. 

from Cheezburger.com

Views: 1466

Replies to This Discussion

Genius and looks combined. It mists up my reading.glasses.

Well, a sort of fuzzy Marilyn Monroe, but definitely there! Freaky! I don't have a clue as to how people THINK UP these kinds of illusions! :-)

Wow, that's cool

Impossible ball illusion

Best optical illusions and how they baffle us

Gizmowatch brings us 10 illusions. I like #8 the best, the Cafe Wall Illusion.

For an explanation of how it works follow the link.

What is interesting to me is that I DON'T see all the illusions I'm supposed to see. Like the spiral one that is supposed to seem like it's moving. I don't see any movement no matter how long I stare at it. The other one is the circle of colored dots. They don't change color for me, and they CERTAINLY don't move. It seems to me that there is different brain machinery in different people, and some of it is culturally based. For example, I once read about a tribe in Africa that lived in round houses, and didn't fall for right-angle based illusions. And I saw a video about another tribe that had different words for colors, and couldn't distinguish some of the colors we differentiate, BUT could clearly differentiate other colors that WE can't distinguish. The brain is really a remarkable organ, and we really don't know all that much about it! Just goes to show there is a lot of fun science ahead of us! :-)

Seeing a face where there is none or face pareidolia is a byproduct of our heightened sensitivity to human face features.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Rick Springfield replied to Luara's discussion Global culture
17 minutes ago
Luara commented on Konopek Karl-Heinz's status
3 hours ago
Gia joined Dr. Terence Meaden's group
3 hours ago
Plinius replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Vegetable stir fry in the group Food!
5 hours ago
Dyslexic's DOG replied to Carrot Hare's discussion Atheists around the world! ASSEMBLE!
6 hours ago
k.h. ky commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
6 hours ago
roland707 posted a discussion
6 hours ago
TNT666 replied to Atheist Andrea's discussion Are you open about being an atheist or are you in the closet?
7 hours ago
roland707 replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
7 hours ago
Konopek Karl-Heinz posted a status
"This to A Wise Atheist humiliates Frank Turek in a debate about god – YouTube"
7 hours ago
Konopek Karl-Heinz posted a status
"Hi long time no here !!! look at this if you like A Brief History of Disbelief Atheism Documentary Episode 2 - YouTube"
7 hours ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
7 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service