In Louisiana to be elected to Congress you lie to your constituents telling them you are a Christian conservative.  Your campaign photo shows you, your wife and children. You espouse family values.  Once elected you play passionate kissey face with your scheduler and it's caught on a security camera and a copy is given to the local newspaper.  

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/04/08/husband-on-kissing-...

I really liked the part when asked ‘When did you get religious?’ He said, ‘When I needed votes,’”

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It sounds almost like he was pandering for votes.   I'm beginning to think some of our politicians are dishonest.

Daniel, politicians wouldn't lie!  Just like the bible is true too!  I believe everything I hear and read. ;)

Tell me it's not so SB.

I'm not surprised at all. But of course, it's only the atheists that are immoral right? Yea.

...when asked ‘When did you get religious?’ He said, ‘When I needed votes.”

I had to look at the article to reassure myself that that quote wasn't something out of The Onion!

We all make these mistakes regardless of who we are and what we believe. There is no perfect marriage. Stupidity sometimes gets some bullshit caught some way. Most of us are going home to our wives or husbands. The difference is that if you are a christian and a theist you can ask for forgiveness. (God will forgive you anything.) If your spouse is also a theist christian they might even believe you.

Then you hope you get lucky and the spouse forgives you also. If so, you got it made.

‘When did you get religious?’ He said, ‘When I needed votes,’”

For the non-politician, the equivalent is "When did you get religious?"  "When I needed the social support". 

And the next step in this farce will the obligatory apology tour. He'll ask for and receive forgiveness from some bouffant haired bible thumping huckster, and after an 'appropriate' interlude from public life, he'll be back at it again shilling for Jesus to get votes, or promote whatever it is that will get him a buck. 

There should be a new word for that level of hypocrisy.  This kind of repeated, obscene doublespeak deserves its own terminology.

Excellent idea Loren.

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service