npr

Oklahoma State Senate Bill 1418 outlaws the use of aborted human fetuses in food.  "No person or entity shall manufacture or knowingly sell food or any other product intended for human consumption which contains aborted human fetuses in the ingredients or which used aborted human fetuses in the research or development of any of the ingredients."

Fortunately for the atheist community, this landmark legislation does not outlaw the use of miscarried human fetuses, or small children, in food products.  However, this is a slippery slope.  We should contact our more liberal democrat senators and representatives NOW, to firmly condemn this bill.  It is an obvious and outrageous violation of our religious liberties.

Views: 281

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I can see SOME reasons for the the ban on cannibalism.  After one's erstwhile companion is dead and ahem... gone, how is anyone able to discover whether this companion WAS already dead, or was dispatched for dinner?  Another reason is that the most recent examples of cannibalistic tribes contracted human spongiform encephalopathy.  That's mad cow disease, scrapy,  also known as prion diseases, ... Prion diseases of humans include classic Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease.  It is given a different name when it is in a different species, but it is the same disease.  It is caused by a non living thing, not a virus, nor a bacteria, but a protein! 

The more I think about it, the more I think the law is a form of blood libel - somehow trying to create a tie-in between abortion and sneaking dead fetuses into the diet of unsuspecting public.

Yep, by the same folks who passed laws requiring ultrasounds, waiting periods, compulsory viewing of fetus DVDs, counseling, et al before being allowed to terminate a pregnancy at a clinic with Christians out front telling you that they love you and your baby. And they're the persecuted minority.

Prion diseases are scary, especially since we have not delineated the exact etiology, but I'm still going to eat you if we are on a snowy mountain and you die.  Unless we are only 100 yards from the ski lodge.  Then again, it's hard to walk in ski boots.

I've been staying away from snowy mountains lately.  Many, many years ago I determined to go hiking naked on an nonsnowy mountain in Southern Oregon.  Unfortunately a large bee decided I must have been an unusual exotic flower and took out after me.  Then I got lost.  It's possible I could have been stung and then died of exposure.  But I didnt.  You have missed your chance.  No more hiking naked for me now in Southern Oregon.  Anyone who sees me would die of laughter.  

You may be in luck - if there was no prior law banning the eating of aborted human fetuses ( henceforth to be referred to as "AHF®", maybe there is no law specifically banning the eating of dead Texans.  Especially in Oklahoma.  

Awwww, crap.  And here I was going to invest some start up capitol in a soylent green manufacturing plant that would have made "Kiddie Chips." The lip smacking stem cell snack cracker that will keep you young at heart (and liver, and pancreas, and bladder, etc.).

The NPR article is quite revealing on this bill. Seems to me to be a serious attack on stem cell research, and thus part of the broader abortion fight. The key is this part "or which used aborted human fetuses in the research or development of any of the ingredients."

Turns out the food industry is using stem cell technology in it's research.

from Joe.my.god

I want the ones on the bottom left.

It troubles me that there are no little hands or feet.  They seem to be over-processed.  Not healthy.

I so want to lobby the FDA, now, to set how many parts per million of fetal tissue can be allowed in various kinds of foods.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service