What do guys look for in a girl? I mean, what do you notice first? And what ultimately makes you fall for that one girl??

I ask for two reasons: 1) I am just curious...and 2) I am 32, a hardcore atheist, a scifi geek, sardonic, sarcastic, I quote from Monty Python, Doctor Who, and Family Guy and a few more; also I'm not very girly for a girl, have no prospects and am single beyond belief!! :) I'm anxious to hear what freethinking guys like you like in a girl..besides the obvious...nontheism and freethought!! ;)

Tags: single

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hahaha!! Love that movie!! Briliant!! Try Dailymotion...
Bit torrent is downloading it already. Thanks.
Yea, I figured! ;) enjoy!!
Re: 39. Not the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

That's what the bit about having better chances on Atheist Nexus was about. We met on an email list for people who share a similar worldview. It wasn't a non-theist email list, so that he's also an atheist is a bonus.
Ooooo...good to know! :)
the answer to life, the universe and everything is 42
I notice attitude first. You can usually tell by the way someone carries themselves, if you're gonna get along. I gotta be honest, I'm not really a Boob guy, or a Butt guy, or a Blonde guy etc. I like average looking women that are happy and friendly.

The one I ultimately fell for turned out to compliment my personality well, and had a great sense of humor. Looks matter, but in the end, its about getting along.

My beliefs don't matter to my wife nearly as much as the fact that I put the toilet seat down and don't mind washing the dishes. I think the little things sometimes matter as much as the big stuff.
Leslee, I know there are guys out there who will appreciate you for who and what you are.

When I got married the first time, I married for all the wrong reasons. The nice way to put it was that she was biologically accommodating. We really shared no common interests and while she may have been intelligent, she seldom demonstrated it. I was the kind who wanted to go out, meet people and try new things. She wanted to sit at home and watch TV. It didn't work out.

After several relationships, good and bad, I happened upon a woman who really grabbed my attention. She was speaking Japanese (I'm fascinated by Asian cultures), had long, red hair (something I really like) and a great laugh. This was Halloween of 1988. This November, we'll celebrate our 20th anniversary.

Many guys are intimidated by smart women. These guys are idiots.

My best suggestion is for you to find a good, male friend. If it grows from there, revel in it. If it doesn't, you've got a good friend.

And remember that for every 1000 geeky guys who like the things you mentioned above, there is only one woman. From what I can see, you are a rare gem and lucky is the guy who grabs your eye.

Good luck.
I think idividuality is a key quality that attracts me to a woman. You cannot fake that one! When I am consistently curious, I stay interested. I guess I appreciate quirkiness in a woman! Fashion is another indicator of personality. For example, wearing fishnets with shorts makes a statement. Girls who strictly follow the trends in fashion may lack that spontanious quality I find attractive. It also speaks of their sense of self. I think true sexuality is expressed psychologically as well as physically, so being a "10" is only the icing on the cake, not a requirement.
Honestly, I don't really notice a girl unless she has the physical qualities I want. I mean... yes, it is somewhat shallow, but it's not that physical traits are more important to me than personality ones, but only physical traits can be seen without knowing someone. So I become interested based on physical appearance, and become either uninterested, or more interested based on personality.

A sense of humor that works with my own is extremely important. I really don't like when a girl responds to a joke as if it was a serious statement. A girl who can go back and forth with witty banter is perfect.

I do like a woman who can fill the parts of life that I have trouble with, and I like to feel useful to her in areas she struggles with to. A woman who can help me with organization, while I am good at staying stress-free even during stressful times, for example.

Musical taste is also important, because the only thing I hate more than faith is shitty music.

And, as most people will tell you, good sex is important in having a healthy, happy relationship. So that's fairly important.

Bonus, but not something I LOOK for are musical talent (especially singing), athleticism, like to watch and discuss sports (who am I kidding?), love movies, and someone who gets along well with my friends.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service