Ok, so due to my inability to lower my standards, I have unwittingly dedicated myself to becoming an atheist nun....(kidding, but that's the way it's turning out). So I live in the buckle of the bible belt, I'm educated, attractive for my age, own my own business, and mindless sex is just so easy (and boring) for us....isn't it ladies??? (You guys know that's true) But finding someone you actually WANT to be with, now that is where things get good and complicated!! I've decided in my wisdom, that I will not settle. Since MOST atheists live far far away from me, it never really occurred to me to try and find a man that could keep up with me intellectually on this site, but what did occur to me, was that I would meet awesome people who are intelligent, well spoken, educated, (whether self taught or schooled), witty and socially aware. I have hit the mother load there!!! This site helps me hold on to the fact that there are growing numbers of people just like me out there and I am not alone!! Rational, kind, and well spoken non-believers! I LOVE yall people....!!! (no but really, I do! That's a facetious southern accent btw and yeah, I am a southern girl and lovin there are so many talking atheists on this site!!!)
Now that being said....it can be a lonely life. But I just can't, and won't settle. You feel me?

Views: 1780

Replies to This Discussion

You may free ball and have strippers......shit, you can have the donkey show if you want....that's the beauty of this order.  No rules...as long as we are all consenting adults.....
What's the age of consent for a donkey?
Hell I don't know!  I've never seen the donkey show....I'm afraid I would go blind.....the thought of it makes me throw up in my mouth a little...but if you're into that kinda thing, and nobody is getting hurt, who am I to judge??
I'm proud to say that I only know about them through spoken references in juvenile comedy movies and similar sources.

Suppose I might as well join the convent.

I've dated for beliefs, common interest, I've dated for looks, I've settled for the 'sweet ones'... recently tried having a relationship with a someone that I now realize I will only ever see as a nice friend, but we're completely incompatible as far as that spark goes.

So, I am left single, sexually frustrated, and now with an awkward friendship.

I've tried just finding someone for sex, it's not exactly hard to do... but I need more of a connection I suppose, and it's difficult to find. I am not waiting on 'perfect', I'm waiting on someone who can see me perfectly, and accept me and I them.

Preferably atheist of course. Someone who might like to read with me, catch a movie, or if I ever find a decent one in this black hole of the bible belt... attend a decent comedy club? lol, I miss certain activities from Dallas, the dates here seem far less adventurous. Or just a walk while we talk and get to know one another.

I need a slightly geeky guy, with a good sense of humor, who can handle a bit of sarcasm from time to time, and put up with my INTJ qualities... I'm young, but it doesn't take the sting of being completely alone away either really.

So, while I may not be avidly searching, I'm still hopeful I'll come across someone.

I TOTALLY feel your pain Laura!!  I live in TN which I call the butt hole of the buy bull belt....plus I am in an extremely challenged age group....40's.  You seem to have your head on straight, and I'm loving your optimism!!!  Smart girl like you WILL find the one I'm certain of it.  My best advise to you, is keep your eyes and your heart open.  I know how hard it is to find someone you are attracted to, who gets you, AND who shares your non belief.  Know you aren't completely alone.  There are lots of us out there, just like you, who would choose being alone before we would put ourselves into a relationship that is damaging and ultimately a train wreck. 

I have found that a lot of people on here have used a date website that seems to give good results when searching out like minded individual.  It's OKCupid.com.  You can specifically search out atheist or agnostic matches.  I have actually been out on a few good dates!  Maybe give it a try???  Hey, what have you got to lose?  Good luck doll!!!  I'm loving my fellow female atheists!!!  You bitches rock!! 

Move to a city and message men on online dating sites.

She owns her own business.  Moving is difficult, when you have an established customer-base.

I get the impression that she's discovered online dating and has mostly found Christian idiots who 'don't mind' her atheism ... which is not the meeting of minds that you normally look for, in a serious relationship.

she should check out okcupid.com and plentyoffish.com. there are lots of atheists on okcupid especially.
I believe she has.  Those sites don't help much, when you're in Bible-thumper Central.  Meetup.com is a more likely possibility, if there's a local atheist group.

i guess it depends how far she's willing to look.  okcupid has one page of atheists guys 41-50 50 miles from cleveland and one page of agnostics, but 4 pages of atheist guys 100 miles from cleveland and ten pages of agnostics.  you say she has checked them, but in case she hasn't, maybe she will after reading that.

Cleveland, Tennessee? Not Cleveland, Ohio?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service