Ok, so due to my inability to lower my standards, I have unwittingly dedicated myself to becoming an atheist nun....(kidding, but that's the way it's turning out). So I live in the buckle of the bible belt, I'm educated, attractive for my age, own my own business, and mindless sex is just so easy (and boring) for us....isn't it ladies??? (You guys know that's true) But finding someone you actually WANT to be with, now that is where things get good and complicated!! I've decided in my wisdom, that I will not settle. Since MOST atheists live far far away from me, it never really occurred to me to try and find a man that could keep up with me intellectually on this site, but what did occur to me, was that I would meet awesome people who are intelligent, well spoken, educated, (whether self taught or schooled), witty and socially aware. I have hit the mother load there!!! This site helps me hold on to the fact that there are growing numbers of people just like me out there and I am not alone!! Rational, kind, and well spoken non-believers! I LOVE yall people....!!! (no but really, I do! That's a facetious southern accent btw and yeah, I am a southern girl and lovin there are so many talking atheists on this site!!!)
Now that being said....it can be a lonely life. But I just can't, and won't settle. You feel me?

Views: 1811

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, worse than 80%, and then a good chunk of the remaining 10% to 15% are closeted.  Makes them hard to find.

There's likely to be some critical flaw with 98% of the prospects out there.  Case in point, even ignoring the severe attractiveness deficit that would prevent me from being appealing to her, there's Katie's desire for someone who chases her.  I don't play the chase-me game, so I wouldn't be a source of romantic stimulation to her ... or something along those lines.  Then, there's the liberal/Libertarian mismatch, which wouldn't make it impossible, but difficult.

Found this online today and thought I'd throw it into the mix: http://en.nothingisreal.com/wiki/Why_I_Will_Never_Have_a_Girlfriend

(The person who wrote it is an atheist with a sense of humor--check out the application to become his girlfriend: http://en.nothingisreal.com/wiki/Apply_to_be_Psychonaut's_girlfriend and scroll down to where he asks about "religious affiliation".)

It's like the Drake equation for possible girl friends.....lol  That is very clever!!!  Something tells me that guy was coming from the same place we are!!  Think we should copy this application and swap out the female traits on it for male characteristics and start "taking applications"???   LOL.....
nooooooooooohhhh nuns.
Yeah, I kinda feel the same way Jimbo....but something tells me there is more behind your statement than meets the eye....hehehe......no???

You know I am trying to understand what relationship means to me since I don't feel like I really have one.  Relationship is the term I choose to use because it seems to cross over many issues of encounters to others.  Some how I think we nontheist are trying to redefine what relationship means to us and how do we survive in it.  Relationship and sex are similar yet one is more of a contact sport, if I may.  In a relationship we have to wonder what is our roles and how do we perform in that role.  Probably the best way to encounter a relationship is slow but as soon as I say that your probably thinking "no, fast!", right?  I don't know.  I do know you cannot force a successful relationship.  How do we become engaged in a relationship though without playing the field?  How do we become whole after a relationship has ended?  How can we really expect one person can forfill the multitude of needs we all have?  How can we not feel betrayed when our partners seek union with others.  How can we trust when we are known to be skeptics?  Relationship is a result of time on the job and a combined knowledge of trusting episodes.  I guess we are going to be very busy in search of life with others.

Well if I joined a atheist nunnery, it would have to be a bunch of lascivious libidinous lesbians with a bunch of slave males!!!!!!!!! There is absolutely no need to partner up with someone if you don't have an urge to procreate. Unfortunately, I've recently moved back to a small town and promiscuity is less convenient here. Where I grew up and lived in my younger adult years, one-night encounters were one-night (or two or three) love affairs. Completely beautiful and intense. Promiscuity can be a beautiful way of life if you're living in a society where it is not frowned upon by a bunch of religious moralists! Of course, when you're living among a bunch of moralists, promiscuity can quickly lead to disastrous social relations. Moralists can be so mean.

waiting for the perfect man

While waiting for the perfect man, I've also fruitlessly fallen for gay guys! Now that is pretty sad!

I've tried religious compromise, the relationship always ends the same way.  Things get serious enough, and then core beliefs come into play and ruin it.  Why can't I just re-brainwash myself and go play stupid games with my girl on sunday mornings and raise a bunch of brainwashed kids?

Sign me up for Atheistic Priesthood.  My parents always thought I was going to be a preacher anyway LOL!

So did Matt Dillahunty's.  Now ... well, he is a preacher of sorts.

Yeah that whole "bible memorization" plan of theirs backfired . . .  I never made it to seminary to get all the extra theology that Dillahunty got though.  I will say that I find his preaching FAR more enjoyable, engaging and entertaining than any evangelist I've heard.

Actually, Matt never quite made it to seminary, either.  He was just studying intensely in preparation for the seminary, when he realized that none of the apologetic arguments were valid and sound.

My father actually made it through a couple years of Catholic seminary.  I don't know that he was an atheist, but I have my suspicions.

Word.  The mental gymnastics required to justify a lot of that stuff in seminary and theology in general would seem to get rather tiresome.  My own intellectual stamina wasn't up to it . . .

Anyway, I hope I get cool Atheist Preist robes!  I'm totally freeballin' in them when I get them :D!  Can I get strippers instead of altar boys?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service