Ok, so due to my inability to lower my standards, I have unwittingly dedicated myself to becoming an atheist nun....(kidding, but that's the way it's turning out). So I live in the buckle of the bible belt, I'm educated, attractive for my age, own my own business, and mindless sex is just so easy (and boring) for us....isn't it ladies??? (You guys know that's true) But finding someone you actually WANT to be with, now that is where things get good and complicated!! I've decided in my wisdom, that I will not settle. Since MOST atheists live far far away from me, it never really occurred to me to try and find a man that could keep up with me intellectually on this site, but what did occur to me, was that I would meet awesome people who are intelligent, well spoken, educated, (whether self taught or schooled), witty and socially aware. I have hit the mother load there!!! This site helps me hold on to the fact that there are growing numbers of people just like me out there and I am not alone!! Rational, kind, and well spoken non-believers! I LOVE yall people....!!! (no but really, I do! That's a facetious southern accent btw and yeah, I am a southern girl and lovin there are so many talking atheists on this site!!!)
Now that being said....it can be a lonely life. But I just can't, and won't settle. You feel me?

Views: 1789

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, contradiction much?

The saddest part is that it probably works.

I have actually found some cool groups here in TN.  There is a Free Thinker's group here and it's nice to get together with like minded people.  I'm in a difficult age bracket though.  I'm still hanging on to my space here in the nunnery as well........

Well, when that's the case, just wander out of your age bracket.  Nothing wrong with dating someone 10 or 12 years older or younger than you ... or, like this one girl I have chasing me down who is 16 years younger than me.

It's weird, but if everyone involved with it is happy about the situation, I don't see how it's anyone else's business.  It's legal, so they can go jump, as far as I'm concerned.

Count me in too brothers and sisters.
Welcome sister T Rose! Let us know what led you into the fold.....hehehe....it's tough out there!!
Another Atheist nun here in the virtual monastery. Seems like plenty of great guys here. But like the universe, it's like we're all our own little solitary planets, ever expanding away from each other in distance...
Welcome Sister Jo.....I hate it that you have landed in the nunnery as well.....what can I say. I feel ya! This seems to be a common problem amongst us atheists! It doesn't look quite like all of us atheists are rampant fornicators now does it?
My reasons for not being a "rampant fornicator" aren't based in a belief there is a supernatural voyeur taking notes on what I'm doing with my vagina poised to burn me for an eternity if perform one of the no-nos on his almighty checklist. They're based in fact:

-Since no birth control (except for ovary removal or castration) is 100% effective it's one less (HUGE) thing to worry about every month.
-Abortions are no fun, costly, and not healthy. (I haven't had one myself but have supported a few women who have.)
-Pregnancy is no fun, costly, and carries serious heath risks.
-The Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) is undetectable in men and can cause uterine cancer in woman. Condoms can aid in the prevention but are far from 100% effective in doing so.
-Condoms are far from 100% effective in preventing pregnancy and disease. Celibacy is 100%.
-Sex with condoms ain't really "all that" in the first place.
-Casual sex with people you don't know that well can end up in some weirdo who has your phone number and address and who can't take subtle hints that you're just not into them and/or just can't take no for an answer if you decide to end the relationship.
-Masturbation is quicker, easier, more cost- and time-effective, and sometimes more sexually satisfying than...finding an attractive male who's not gay; going through the time it takes to go through some preliminary testing (are you married, disease-free, not a psycho, etc.); coming to a point to trusting him enough to either a) give him your personal information like your home address or b) going to his home alone with him; figuring out which form of birth control to use and then going out and buying it, taking the time out of your life to actually go out and have sex; and the psychological worry or being pregnant or getting a disease it involves afterwards.

I'm sure I can come up with a few more but those are the main ones for me for not being a rampant fornicator.
I think you just won the argument for remaining celibate...lol!!! Nice list T Rose! But still, it does suck to be celibate because no one inspires you NOT to be. But your list makes it sting a little less :)~
or becoming a lesbian, my lesbian sister always uses those arguments. STDs are quite uncommon among lesbians, less injured skin, which is the main means of propagation.

You worry too much.  I haven’t actually done the research but I'm pretty sure that most people still dye from non-sexual related life complications.

As for pregnancy, find a guy with a vasectomy.  I had one and I'm sure lots of other guys have also or talk to your doctor, there are available birth control substances that don’t take daily maintenance.

And if you brought it up I'm sure you could talk a guy into going to the dr for a checkup for sexual diseases if it was conditional on taking the relationship the next step.  It may not find everything but it's better than nothing.  Also you may want to discuss exclusivity on the outset rather than just assume.

Amen Bro!  Wonder if they could throw a mental evaluation in there as well???? 

Why does everything have to be so damn complicated???  lol....

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service