ok, can atheists please stop voting for Republicans now?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mayor-atheists-like-nazis-kkk

seriously people.  this is what Republicans think of us.  you don't have to love the Democrats but at least they don't hate you.  you may like "small gov't" (whatever that means) or guns or lower taxes.  but you'll get most of that stuff with Dems and little of it affects you anyhow.  

the Republican party has become a club for white Christian (preferably) men.  if you're an atheist and call yourself a Republican please realize that they hate you.  they probably can't even know or else you'll be cast off.  you're the religious version of an Uncle Tom.  with Eric Cantor's primary loss the make up of Republicans in Congress is 100% Christian.  99% white Christian (one black representative was appointed).  and most of them are scary religious.  the anti-science folk, the jesus is coming back sooners, the gays will destroy us all idiots.  sorry, you can't like small gov't enough to tolerate being lumped in with those freaks.  

i implore you, please switch your voter registration.  become an independent but vote with the normal people.  at least until they go bye bye in which case feel free to go back to your gov't hating ways.  in the meantime help vote superstitious weirdos out of office by supporting the only party that is perfectly fine with you.  as my Jewish grandmother used to say, "try it, you might like it".  

Views: 419

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree Freethinker!

I am an Ayn Randist and/or small government conservative and/or libertarian or Ron Paul-type conservative. I do not like the democrat party, so I vote for the other major party. In fact I think all taxes are theft and liberalism is a mental disorder. I think environmentalism is a conspiracy to compel us into purchasing more expensive so called green products. The only thing you and me have in common is that we both know there is no god and religion is horeshit, or are you one of those agnostic-atheists who insists that he is only 99.999% sure there is no god, in order to avoid feeling too antagonistic? 

So what does hating objectivism and hating small government conservatism and wanting a big government to steel from productive non-poor people have to do with atheism? I think there may be a lot of non-religious small-government conservatives, it is just that it is politically incorrect to identify as such. Do you think every single republican is a fundamentalist christian, evil, generic non-ethnically marked white person? Who do you hate more now, atheists like me, or the republicans?

And I used to be Jewish. No, I do not identify as a Jewish atheist. I identify as Michael.

"Who do you hate more now, atheists like me, or the republicans?"

i hate you both equally.  you must have lucked into atheism as it clearly has nothing to do with your intelligence.  you're a fucking nutcase.  a conspiracy theory believing weirdo who probably stumbled upon a Hitchens rant during your Alex Jones phase.  

Fucking nutcase is exactly the right term Matt! 

matthew, I don't hate Michael. I pity him. He's been sucked into a cult and has become one of the "true believers." Not much different that being an evangelical christian, a fundamentalist muslim, or a door banging JW. Each one has a monopoly on the truth, and an irrational, myopic view of the world dictated by the tenets of their respective cult. And, if you don't agree with him, there has to be something wrong with you, e.g. liberalism is a mental illness. Cults have to have enemies and must define those enemies as something less than normal humans. The "true believers" are gullible enough to believe it.

A 'for instance' of blind faith in the cult is the concept that all taxes are theft and government is evil. Except, I am sure he doesn't think twice about getting and using his "free shit" that he can't see is dependent on taxes like police and fire protection, and use of the sidewalks and roads. You know,  same as the welfare cheats his cult bitches about.

Here's another. Environmentalism is a conspiracy. Depending on your cult de jure, so is evolution, climate change, the moon landing, George W. Bush being in on 9/11, and hundreds of others.  These require their believers to abrogate the right to independently think, usually by promoting an anti-science, anti-rational position, and accept the "party line." Kind of like an evolution denier getting his/her yearly flu shot, or taking an antibiotic.

I strongly suspect Michael will ultimately abandon this cult, but unfortunately will probably adhere to another one. He strikes me as the type of person who goes from catholicism, to nazarene, to mormonism, to baptst, to new age spiritualism, to some other sect, faction creed or following. At each stage, being one of their banner carriers and "true believers." I'd be more than willing to bet you were right about his "Alex Jones phase."

you know Pat, i was going to write something similar but i have little patience for his type.  but i'm glad you did, because it couldn't have been written better.  

Pat, I wish I had your way language. .
I couldn't have put it nearly as well.

Well analyzed and well said, Pat.

I strongly suspect Michael will ultimately abandon this cult, but unfortunately will probably adhere to another one.

I agree; he will in time abandon his present cult. He will then find another.

That's because it's easier to change cults than it is to give up the need for a cult.

You do have a way with words Matt. Well said.

It seems like some people make it their goal in life to irritate others.
I don't understand it.

Wow  Michael Planko. I learned  something  about  you.....I am so sorry  to hear this.....I am a Democrat...because  the Tea Party  Republicans , who lets face it is running  the Republican  Party, are  a bunch  of haters  of  all things  I hold dear......They have  held  Congress hostage  mainly  because  they will do anything  and everything  to  destroy  the Obama  presidency.....That is  as  bigoted  as you can get...So much for  ending  racism  in the US.......I am  also  stunned  that  you do  not  believe  in any  taxes....How on earth  are  Americans  going  to get  Social Security, medicare, unemployment  insurance,  any health insurance, well paved  roads, bridges, subway  stations, public  education  etc  etc.....Liberalism  also  stands  for equal  rights for  everyone  including  all  minorities......I am also  saddened   that  you say you were Jewish...You do realize  that being  Jewish  is also  an ethnicity , so you will always  be Jewish....And by the way, the majority  of  Jewish people  are  Democrats...so you  are among  the few  who are not..

I'm with you, Freethinker31. All of that is true.

You know I can't stand republiCONS. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service