I mostly say "Oh my gods." instead, since zero is grammatically plural (think "Yes, we have no bananas." or "I have no gods.").

Do you do this?

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One year I gave my biology classes an assignment to create a mnemonic (exam: “King Phillip Came Over For Good Spaghetti” = Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species) for the major nerves, the major bones, major blood vessels, the endocrine glands, etc. The only restriction was they could only use words that appear in their biology text – bad mistake.
One would be surprised at how down right obscene a high school junior can be using only biological terminology. 80% of the mnemonics for the Vegas Nerve was Vagina, the Pituitary was predominately Penis and the Clavicle was Clitoris, Renal Artery = Rectum, Aorta = anus - you get the picture.
The second mistake was that they were to be voted on and were, therefore, printed out on large poster size paper and displayed around the room.
Fortunately, no parent or administrator showed up during my 5 biology classes. The students were, however, extremely creative.
I decided that I wouldn't repeat the exercise the following year.
I say what I want...
Nope, I got out of that habit long ago
"Oh, For the love of man"

"Damn it all to Hades" (people forget about the dead religions too easily)

and I think "Oh THOR oh THOR OH THOR!" would sound more impressive coming from a bedroom... lol
and I think "Oh THOR oh THOR OH THOR!" would sound more impressive coming from a bedroom... lol

Heh - at least to the guy in bed it would.
I thought it was a xena refferance! Lol! I usualy stick with holy s**t!
I say 'oh my god.' Its good blasphemy. Its healthy like chicken soup. I often spell it 'gawd,' though.
Oh my bob? I love it! I am bob! Oh my me! Lol! My favorite comes frome a stephen king character tho "crispy creepin christ!" Can anyone tell me which character I'm refering to?
I'm all about "holy SHIT." It gets the same meaning across, and yet is innocuous in situations where it's deserved.
I'm a prude. I say, "Oh, my goodness!"

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service