Opinions anyone? The more I hear about it the more I appreciate it. Yeah, sure it's like the tea partiers, except these people seem to be more invested and willing to stay to make a point. It's all Rush and Beck can whine about lately, and despite the few advocating anarchy and communism, the main message seems to be about releasing this country from the strangle hold that business and corporations have on government. It's been a long time coming...

Views: 1404

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess now we know his definition of "American".  We can bitch and moan, but don't dare actually try to get the system changed, even if it is constitutionally.  Going against the government is bad.
if you had your way, slave labor would be the norm in America.
uh no
I hope thats not a reference to me, I leave in 3 weeks for afghanistan to fight for this country.  Sucks to be "anti-american" I guess.
No, it was not in reference to you. Thank you for your service. It is very much appreciated!
I still don't get what your point about anti-american is~ do you deny that corporate influence in american politics and private life is real, or just think that its not a problem?

What's with all of these veterans here?  I am too, Vietnam era US Army.  I'm pro-American.  Doesn't mean I'm Pro-Enron (OK, they are defunct now, deservedly) or pro-Bank-of-America, or pro-AIG, or pro-Blackwater.  Non-sequiter.  Doesn't mean I cant criticize US government cronyism, corruption, and clownism.  Let's have a parade, I'll get out my old uniform.  Maybe not, I would split it out at the seams.

I have no idea if occupy-whatever is useful or not or if I agree with it.  I do think if the economy was working as it should, all of those people might be employed and occupying their jobs instead of some streets.

Hahahahahahahahaha! What an asshole you are, Sassan! I am also a veteran, someone who was willing to risk their lives and defend this great country, but the reference was to me! I'm the "anti-American" here, Park! I served for six years and was a paratrooper in the regular army. And have you served, Sassan? Would you like to take this opportunity to apologize to me, or thank me for my service?

I agree, service alone doesn't necessarily entail that you have the country's best interests at heart. But according to Sassan, being an American means loving the country exactly the way it is, no room for thoughtful critique! He just hasn't got a sophisticated understanding of politics or philosophy, that's all. But I'll educate you, Sassan - a nation, as well as an individual, must be capable of accepting constructive criticism in order to grow and live up to who and what they can be. If you don't understand that, it is no surprise then that you are stuck in an immature stage of mental development.
You stated that you supported the pictures which were blatantly anti-American such as the one desecrating our flag (among others). That's what makes you anti-American.
Lol, you have more respect for a piece of cloth then for the actual real problems we have in this country. It's a flag, it's not a sacred symbol like a religious relic or something. Childish to assume that making a statement of this sort is somehow anti-American. Really, grow up.

It has more than one definition: : "to treat disrespectfully, irreverently, or outrageously"

And yes, to desecrate a flag is anti-American

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service