OBAMA CARE...So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. This is a statement of our most basic individual rights. Over the centuries our human rights have been abused and eroded but always one could still say (...most of the time, in this country...) one could mind their own business and be left totally alone to live their life with no interference from anyone. But with this new health care bill, soon everyone will have to pay a fee to the government, or insurance company, for being alive.

...our last tiny bit of absolute liberty will be erased.

Views: 267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's right, cause being a tax payer means that you are a slave. Darn it, where did I put my tinfoil hat, the IRS is reading my thoughts again.
I live in Utah, so it's really hard for me to pick up on satire. It sounds exactly the same as bullshit sometimes... Would someone sum it up for me?
Apparently the permanently adolescent libertarians think that requiring everybody to pay into the health care system so that everybody can be covered is the final and fatal insult to individual liberty.
People are sillies. At least it makes a bit more sense than "my mom says Obama will be the next Hitler"...
C'mon, it's obvious that Obama is the Anti-Christ!
My toaster just told me.
Your toaster belongs in the death panel!!
I'll be very disappointed if my toaster gets on and I don't.

http://laughinginpurgatory.blogspot.com/
And most wouldn't bat an eye if the nation required military conscription if necessary.
Excellent point, Marshall. Hard to imagine a more liberty-restricting action on the part of government. At least the Navy is up-front about it, referring to vacation time as "liberty".
You could also point out that service (as in military service) comes from an Old French word meaning servitude or slavery.
Holy crap, it's like Poe's Law applied to tea baggers...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service