Alright heathens, its time for passions to ignite over whether this Health Care Reform is the best thing in the last 40 years or is going to tear America apart at the seems.  In return for your opinion, I will share some funny.

Tags: care, health, obamacare, reform

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

oh... my... god....

You missed the point.  the point is not that the gov't bails out GM or banks, but that they give BILLIONS of dollars to companies that aren't in failure through tax loopholes and other special interest spending plans.  Those bank bailouts were par for the course in terms of money spent, not to mention they will probably turn a profit over time, making them not only necessary but wise investments too.  I get the feeling from the "we need get reid all regsltions and uions they huring america" that you know very little, if nothing at all, about the history of labor in america.  if you did (and I am happy to elaborate at request) you wouldn't say something as ridiculous as that; or then again, maybe you would.

Park, corporate welfare consumes more tax dollars than social welfare.  U r sooooo right.  People are so nieve to this.  Talk about free money and not working for it, the farm subsidies pays millions to millionaires and the land isn't even farmed on.  Corporate bailouts.

Insurance companies are friggin rip-offs.  They always wanna take take and take.  Increase rates and blame Obama care.  NOT!  Increase rates because of greed.  Insurance companies are well equip to survive without raising rates.  However, they CHOOSE to raise your rates!  And they cover is with "OBAMACARE".They can more than afford not too.  BUt some executive wants to go to Paris 25 times a year instead of 10.  He and his cronies want to make 550K instead of 350K.   Medical insurance is big business.  All the money put into it, they have huge profits.  Do people not realize this is all about corporate greed. 

Furthermore, me, I don't have a problem helping my fellow man.  I hate that we have turned into a society of "I am not going to help u"!  I'm still wondering did Halliburton pay back the millions of dollars they stole from the govt?

The rate increases you mentioned are at the heart of this~  its because of profit margins.  Companies are accountable to dividends to their share holders, thus their main incentive is to be profitable, not productive.  When that is their main concern, if profits start dropping a little prices need to be raised to maintain their profitability.  The industry makes billions of dollars a year~  but the real point is, something as altruistic as a human beings life shouldn't be in the hands of a mercenary.
Yep Park!  U r sooo right!  If they didn't raise their rates, profits may be less, it's still profitable tho.  They are not going to go under by any means by not increasing folks rates,   But like u said, they want to mainting a certain amount of profit. 

Hi Navitta,

According to the Dept. of Commerce, the medical insurance industry ranks #86 in profit margins among large American industries, making a profit margin of 3.3% in 2006 (the latest year data is available for.)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_otfwl2zc6Qc/SoMLoWBKM4I/AAAAAAAAK4g/wKdZy... )

Number One is the beverage industry at 25.6%.  Interestingly, #3 is the Real Estate investment related to HealthCare facilities, at 24.6%.

When you wrote that insurance execs want to "go to Paris 25 times a year instead of 10", where did you get that information?  I "googled" it with no results.  

When you say, along with many others, that you want to help your fellow man, do you mean that someone has prevented you from doing so?  I think you're allowed to help as much as you wish to and are able.  Perhaps what's really meant is that "you" want to force someone else to help your fellow man?    

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2010/03/health_ca...

Profit margins may not be the best measurements.

"Profits for the 10 largest U.S. insurance companies jumped 250% between 2000 and 2009 while millions of Americans have lost coverage, according to areportreleased Thursday by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

See full article from DailyFinance:http://srph.it/9NlPvq
What's more, the report found that the companies combined earned a total of $12.2 billion last year. And lest we forget, on the executive compensation, CEOs of the top five received $24 million on average in 2008, the report said.

@Gary,

"Perhaps what's really meant is that "you" want to force someone else to help your fellow man?"

An emphatic Yes!

We force everyone to pay for wars don't we?  National security?  Police?  Fire protection?  Roads?  Safe water?  Sewage?  Education? 

Why should health care be any different?

Plus, it's cheaper.   The CBO reports that a Single Payer univeral coverage model would save the American taxpayer $230 billion per year. 

We get the best of both worlds - helpinng our fellow man and saving a buck while we are at it.  Now that is a win-win (except of course for the insurance companies - too bad!)

http://www.pnhp.org/facts/single_payer_system_cost.php?page=all

no im not going to leave  yes im very bad at spelling i dont care what you think  or make fun of me
why you like wefar?
You can understand Yoda.  Don't insult Yoda.

John D.

You have a lot of class making fun of the disabled. I guess if she was blind and tripped and fell, that would make your day.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service