Texas panel suggests less Chavez and more Jesus...
Article here... Texas Social Studies
Also, their logic is priceless... since we live in a republic and not a democracy, children should be learning Republican ideals rather than Democratic!
Gotta love 'em!

Tags: education, school, texas

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh the day when science, knowledge, and reason finally triumphs over ignorance, myth and intolerance can't come soon enough for me. It will take a little longer in Texas though and might never happen. The governor just appointed a Young Earth Creationist whack nut as the Chairman of the State Board of Education.
Sure, let's teach about Lincoln's Republican ideals:

"My earlier views of the unsoundness of the Christian scheme of salvation and the human origin of the scriptures, have become clearer and stronger with advancing years and I see no reason for thinking I shall ever change them."

"What is to be, will be, and no prayers of ours can arrest the decree."

"The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession."

"The only person who is a worse liar than a faith healer is his patient."
Ms. Kitty, it appears you have accidentally posted this in the "Introductions" discussion. You might get more comments if you move it to another area of the forum.
oops, thantks!
No problem.
Hmmmmmmmm....experts....reminds me of an old defination an ex is a has-been and a spert is a drip under pressure. Also my defination of arrogance...stupidity with an attitude.

Let's hope that the people of Texas will see this attempt to control the thoughts of their children for what it is and send the "experts" packing.
César Chávez doesn't have enough stature?! Thurgood Marshall is not a strong enough example of a historical figure?!

"Anne Hutchinson does not belong in the company of these eminent gentlemen"...

They are at least men, although I suppose they aren't white enough. I'm sure a little whitewashing would take care of that. Whereas poor Anne Hutchinson... well, not much she can do to change her sex now that she's dead.
ah, here here!

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service