What this means is that the theist filling out a profile should stop and discard what they've started.  Atheist Nexus is a site exclusively for non-theists.  What that means is that theists should not join.

As is written on the homepage of Atheist Nexus: " The World's Largest Social Networking Site Exclusively For Nontheists!"

There are plenty of other sites to engage non-theists.  Atheist Nexus is not one of them.

Tags: atheist nexus, atheist nexus membership

Views: 69

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

You can convert people online! That's how I got my start. ;)
This subject needed a post to explain it?

Oh yeah, people eager to make that drive-by posting and not reading the "Atheists Only" site rules.
I can semi agree with you about the learning aspect. I extensively looked into other faiths and their ideas, not for converting, but because I just like to continue learning about the past and culture, and I am in the camp that before you can trully judge anything, you have to at least have a base understanding.

Open minds should be welcomed at all times regardless of faith, but closed minds need not apply. Unfortunately, an aptitude test would be counter productive to membership, but I must admit it is nice to have a site where we are "troll free".....come out billy goats gruff, the coast is clear
Well, I've been exposed to some I would consider trolls, but mostly I've gotten into much more intelligent conversations here.
Well, I've been exposed to some I would consider trolls, but mostly I've gotten into much more intelligent conversations here.

I'd second that. I've got a couple that border on my own personal trolls and I wonder if one is a closet Theist or having trouble letting go, but I haven't been outright spammed or hit with the Jesus grenade.

Atheist Nexus remains the most civil, thoughtful, constructive online forum I've yet to participate in.

((((( Hugs to A/N members )))))
Yes, indeed.
Exactly my thoughts on the matter. This site is a haven from their idiocy
Maybe we should all put the number of the beast on our forehead or hand...then tell them that is a requirement. I bet that would cut down on them joining our site.
A great Idea - however, I would add many more exclusions on that list - it could become problematic. So how about "I am a Non-Theist who refuses to subordinate my intelligence to any "holy texts", "cults", fairy tales or so-called Prophets."
Would that cover it?
????
I thought you were joking - I was too - partially!
Not inclusive enough. Then we'd have people joining who are followers of the man responsible for the first act of biological terrorism in the US, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (AKA Osho), and I'd have to quit the site.
I'm a dedicated follower / worshipper of Edina Monsoon and Patsy Stone - but I know that they are fictional characters ... Jennifer Saunders - well, I just have a huge crush on her.
;p

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service