Hello, My name is Sean and I am new to atheist nexus, but not to atheism. Just thought I'd post a little hello and about me kinda thing. I was raised christian and even went to a christian university, which ended up aiding in my becoming atheist believe it or not. Being raised christian your just taught it and not to question it so you just think it's right, but it was at the christian university that I actually started studying the bible and religion and started to see how bogus it actually was. So thank you Greek class (learning the bible in greek and learning about all the interpretation and bullshit that went into putting the bible together, if a book on any other subject were put together the way the bible was no one would take it seriously) and thank you Psychology as taught by christians...What a joke. Anyway, enough about my religious background and a bit more about me. I used to do improv, stand-up, and sketch comedy, then I had a kid so I kinda gave that up,  and worked a bunch of different jobs for a while. Then decided I wanted to at least be doing something I liked so I went to art school and now I'm doing the artist thing, well trying to (still have to bartend for now).

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Seaburrito......Not sure  if you were  officially  welcomed so  I will do the honors.....You will love this site with its  forum  and blogs and chat room....Lots of ways to express yourself and actually get a reply....so enjoy and welcome  to the A/N  family .........

Welcome Sean/Sea. Reading your intro has me laughing because I can identify. An education like that should make an atheist almost every time.

Welcome Sean. It was a catholic college that turned me atheist to .

Makes perfect sense to me!

Most Atheists, as a standard understand the bible and other holy texts MORE than the people who 'follow/believe them'.... And we all know why. Glad you're here! And good luck with the 'artist thing' haha, I know how hard that can be!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Freethinker31 posted a discussion
3 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Men at risk of Prostate Cancer could in future be identified by Gene Tests in the group Cancer
7 minutes ago
Dr. Terence Meaden replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Men at risk of Prostate Cancer could in future be identified by Gene Tests in the group Cancer
11 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Men at risk of Prostate Cancer could in future be identified by Gene Tests in the group Cancer
19 minutes ago
Steph S. liked Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Men at risk of Prostate Cancer could in future be identified by Gene Tests
21 minutes ago
Steph S. replied to Sentient Biped's discussion What will happen if Scotland Succeeds from the UK?
22 minutes ago
Steph S. liked Sentient Biped's discussion What will happen if Scotland Succeeds from the UK?
22 minutes ago
Dr. Terence Meaden added a discussion to the group Cancer
27 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan posted a photo
27 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Vile hate monger Michelle Bachmann: Gays want to legalize pederasty. in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
30 minutes ago
Travis Hedglin replied to Freethinker31's discussion Are Atheists too judgmental??
31 minutes ago
Travis Hedglin replied to Freethinker31's discussion Are Atheists too judgmental??
40 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service