Hi all,

I've been popping in to lurk for a couple of years, and finally decided to register! I hope I'll be a positive addition to the community.

I'm afraid I don't have a great "how I became an atheist" story.  I was born not believing, and Italian mother and catholic school efforts notwithstanding, I never really saw any reason to start.  I never really thought of myself as an atheist until college, when I was first exposed to evangelists, fundamentalists, witnesses, and other wing-nuts trying to push their screeds on me.  That experience, I suppose, forced me to formalize my thinking on the subject.  I've been an outspoken atheist and borderline anti-theist ever since.

I occasionally post at The Brights and the forums at Friendly Atheist, I write for Ask the Atheists, and I blog at Society of Reason.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great to have you on the forum!  Isn't funny how evangelists and fundamentalists bring out the atheist in most rational people, sometimes in liberal christians as well.  I have to admit that it was exposure to these unsavory sorts when I first attended public schools that pushed me towards atheism.

Michael Black said "Isn't funny how evangelists and fundamentalists bring out the atheist in most rational people, sometimes in liberal christians as well."

I've heard former muslims say the same thing about the fundamentalists turning them into atheists.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service