Hello. Just for the sake of some comic relief, i thought it would be nice to create a forum discussing the possibility of an independent country - specially for atheist. What would it be called? where would it be? and how many people would actually live there?
What kind of government would it have? or would it be anarchy?
Consider this to be a question in social science fiction. It could be utopian or Orwellian.... anything. Just some creative fiction. Cheers.

Tags: atheist, atheists, country, for, new, state

Views: 69

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ewww, I for one do not want to be living on some godforsaken planet where humans sustenance is impossible without living in completely man-made, man-controlled environment. I say send the religious away and keep the GOOD planet for ourselves.
What would it be called?

I'm going with "Atheopia!"

A tropical island off the coast of Mexico where all laws and programs are determined through rational debate (the use of logical fallacies would be grounds for disqualification) and using data from independent researchers.

The communal economy would operate as a closed loop system beginning and ending with 100% renewable resources.

Individuals would be required to contract ongoing provision of goods and services in exchange for citizenship.

Individuals interested in serving as term limited elected officials would be required to meet stringent educational, psychological and experiential qualifications.

The educational system would be rooted in critical thinking.

And the national anthem would be written by Neil Young!
yeah.... thats awesome.
:-D
Yeah! Let's Do it!
We'll call it The United States of People Smarter than You. Lets put it on a tropical island, and lets move everyone on this site there! lol
C'Mon... ATHEOPIA is funny!
Yea... kinda rolls off the tongue...
I agree, Australia has potential, churches have little following, unfortunately mosques are on the increase though.
The shape of australia, does resemble the spagetti monster though!
I have heard Muslim apologists argue that atheists do a great service to Islam by eroding Christianity, as if a religious vacuum is created. I don't believe there is any merit to this, at least in countries with some kind of separation between church and state. Some countries seem to lack such separation and they are suffering greatly from Sharia because of it. An increase of mosques implies an increase in Muslim population. Is it known if the increase is due to immigration rather than conversion?
Thats a weak argument from muslims, considering judeo-islam is just a continuation of judaism and judeo-christianity, they all believe in the same prophets.
The increase in muslim population in Australia is certainly due to immigration.
They can use my taxes to fund the free tickets for them!
What a great idea Phil! hahaha
Australia is very religious, it's called rugby-beer-BBQ

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service