FTA:

Last month, Fox News host Bill O’Reilly stepped into instant Internet infamy when, in a debate with American Atheists president David Silverman, O’Reilly attempted to prove the existence of God by citing the mystery of the tides: “I’ll tell you why [religion is] not a scam, in my opinion. Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can’t explain that. You can’t explain why the tide goes in.” Only one problem: There’s this thing called the Moon which might have a little to do with tides.

edit: link; http://www.geekosystem.com/bill-oreilly-cant-explain-that-meme/

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

awesome. purely awesome
have you seen the coverage they gave this on the daily show..or maybe it was Colbert...either way, hilarious!
"All hail Luna, the virgin bride of Father Night!"
"Where did the moon come from?" 0.o

Infinite regress. You can't explain that.

Jagermeister goes in, vomit comes out.

You can't explain that!!

Well Dustin I would like to try to explain that, and i will, no matter how much research I have to do or how much Jager I have to drink I will find the answer(s).  Anyone else interested in taking part in this research??  lab assistants??  Hey if we get trashed enough, we might even be able to see things religious people see.  Then we could answer two questions: the mystery of the Jager-vomit and the mystery of how people with even the most basic of education can believe in the fantasy of ID.    Cheers, Dave

I've conducted several clinical trials concerning excessive alcohol consumption and religious belief.  Interestingly, it turns out there is a correlation between the two at sufficiently high doses, but it involves the worship of deity known as "The Porcelain God".  Even people pre-disposed to other religions tend to worship this false idol when they consume mass quantities of alcohol. 

I've also heard that Salvia and LSD cause people to have religious experiences, but I have not conducted any trials in this area.

In 2007 O'Reilly interviewed Richard Dawkins and used the exact same analogy.
I knew it. Bill O'Reilly is actually a werewolf.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Idaho Spud replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
5 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to Scot Hinson's discussion Suicide ?!?
6 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
14 minutes ago
booklover replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
34 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to dr kellie's discussion what boobs are good for in the group Hang With Friends
41 minutes ago
Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Carl Sagan's Cosmos
43 minutes ago
Grinning Cat replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
46 minutes ago
Amanda Ashcraft posted a video
My Loot Crate just made my day today. Small little pick me ups right when I need one. :) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203923636523049&l=6942591917367135588
1 hour ago
sflmac replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
1 hour ago
Grinning Cat commented on Pete Matthews's status
1 hour ago
Joseph P replied to Rick Springfield's discussion Religion the virus of society in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service