FTA:

Last month, Fox News host Bill O’Reilly stepped into instant Internet infamy when, in a debate with American Atheists president David Silverman, O’Reilly attempted to prove the existence of God by citing the mystery of the tides: “I’ll tell you why [religion is] not a scam, in my opinion. Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can’t explain that. You can’t explain why the tide goes in.” Only one problem: There’s this thing called the Moon which might have a little to do with tides.

edit: link; http://www.geekosystem.com/bill-oreilly-cant-explain-that-meme/

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

awesome. purely awesome
have you seen the coverage they gave this on the daily show..or maybe it was Colbert...either way, hilarious!
"All hail Luna, the virgin bride of Father Night!"
"Where did the moon come from?" 0.o

Infinite regress. You can't explain that.

Jagermeister goes in, vomit comes out.

You can't explain that!!

Well Dustin I would like to try to explain that, and i will, no matter how much research I have to do or how much Jager I have to drink I will find the answer(s).  Anyone else interested in taking part in this research??  lab assistants??  Hey if we get trashed enough, we might even be able to see things religious people see.  Then we could answer two questions: the mystery of the Jager-vomit and the mystery of how people with even the most basic of education can believe in the fantasy of ID.    Cheers, Dave

I've conducted several clinical trials concerning excessive alcohol consumption and religious belief.  Interestingly, it turns out there is a correlation between the two at sufficiently high doses, but it involves the worship of deity known as "The Porcelain God".  Even people pre-disposed to other religions tend to worship this false idol when they consume mass quantities of alcohol. 

I've also heard that Salvia and LSD cause people to have religious experiences, but I have not conducted any trials in this area.

In 2007 O'Reilly interviewed Richard Dawkins and used the exact same analogy.
I knew it. Bill O'Reilly is actually a werewolf.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

John Jubinsky posted photos
8 minutes ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's blog post Is god good?
23 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
3 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
4 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
4 hours ago
Luara replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
4 hours ago
sk8eycat replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
5 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina on "Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative" in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
5 hours ago
Luara replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
5 hours ago
sk8eycat replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
5 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina on "Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative" in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
5 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck commented on Loren Miller's blog post Is god good?
5 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service