Ignore the title. It was the wittiest thing I could come up with at short notice.

Anway, hello people.

My name is Amy, in case you haven't noticed. I'm 15, very soon to be 16, and I'm about to go to college in a few months, for a course in physics (and chemistry, maths and music on the side), and I hope to help science in some way or another in my lifetime, which is really my ambition.

As far as religious followers are concerned, I don't automatically hate people if they tell me they're religious. I hate religion, not people. Agreed, religion has led to some horrible crimes, and I hate the people who committed them, but that doesn't mean everyone's like them.

I was brought up an atheist, born into a family of atheists and agnostics, so really I'm quite lucky never to have never had to cope with the brainwashing that is modern religion.

I'm also lucky to have been born in the UK, where atheism is widely accepted apart from the odd religious nutcase, but we can't avoid them completely, ay? Speaking of countries with a high tolerance and percentage of atheism, I recently went on a foreign exchange with school to Germany for a week. There wasn't a mention of religion the whole time I was there, by anyone, so I rather liked it there indeed. I've heard most of Europe is like that though.

I also support the cause for the Isle of Wight to be made symmetrical, and I think Fox News should sort their heads out.

Right, I think that's enough said on my part for now. Thanks for reading, and also...

LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL! :D

Tags: amy, atheist, block, harvey, intro, introduction, new, on, the

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome aboard Amy glad to have you.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service