http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/03/nevada-farmers-prayer-...

"Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish, Baha'i and other faith leaders who participated are confident it'll bring positive results"

"When God sees (all these) leaders sitting together in unity and harmony and praying in diverse traditions and seeking common good for the entire community, God will be naturally moved to provide the devotees relief from drought so that it will not affect their quality of life, livelihood and health"

I really hope they have another plan.  Conditions are bad.  Prayer doesn't work.

Tags: Nothing fails like prayer, climate change, drought, prayer, rain

Views: 135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some people will never learn.......

Sadly, Patricia, some people just don't WANT to learn...

Yes, sad, isn't it?

Think I can get them to pray for the weather to get better where I live.? But my neighbors want really hot weather and l want it just medium warm how will that be resolved?

People should just pray for the weather over their own house or farm.  They should make sure they don't askk for rain in the whole region.  That would be a waste of their god's efforts, giving rain to people who might not want it.

God will be naturally moved to provide the devotees relief... blah, blah, blah. Ask anyone of these conjurers, shamans, soothsayers, court magicians, or high priests if they can know or otherwise fathom the mind of their god, and their answer will be no. Then, they'll go on to tell you what's in the mind of their god. And, in the process, completely ignore the natural conclusion of their fantasy based world view. Their god brought on the drought in the first place. 

Good luck with that, Sparky. Let me know when your swimming pool will get filled from all the rainwater after discerning the portents in the chicken bones.

I don't think this will work unless they burn a lot of meat for him first. He likes the smell. It sez that in the Buybull.

One man said the drought condition correctly. He said that it was all out of their control.

Maybe they should ask Mary about it. She will ask Jebus to interceed and make it rain, and we all know that a son cannot deny his mother. (It makes sense in Catholic world.)

I wonder what they did to make him so mad in the first place that he created a drought?  Maybe they should say sorry and see if that works...

Good point.  I think he's pissed off at them for electing republicans.

I'm pissed off at them for electing republicans so I caused the drought.
When they start voting to suit me I'll let it rain. MAYBE.
Wow I dont ever want to piss you off! So what do I have to do to get an early spring, and no late frost after the peaches bloom?
Provide world peace and justice for all.
That's all . And no tricks. I'm watching at all times and just for good measure I'm reading everyones minds.
Insert evil laugh here.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service