http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/03/nevada-farmers-prayer-...

"Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish, Baha'i and other faith leaders who participated are confident it'll bring positive results"

"When God sees (all these) leaders sitting together in unity and harmony and praying in diverse traditions and seeking common good for the entire community, God will be naturally moved to provide the devotees relief from drought so that it will not affect their quality of life, livelihood and health"

I really hope they have another plan.  Conditions are bad.  Prayer doesn't work.

Tags: Nothing fails like prayer, climate change, drought, prayer, rain

Views: 132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll work on it.

Lol Daniel.

I'm pissed off whenever any Republicons get elected, but I don't hurt people because of it.

It is now brothers and sisters that I implore you demonstrate your dedication to our father. By providing for those who seek to spread his words of love and mercy you too can bask in the warmth of his holy light. A small donation will enable us to continue with this most righteous cause. 

Eventually, the hucksters will claim to have been vindicated. God, in his infinite wisdom, will have come to the aid of both heathens and true believers. Apparently, due to original sin or some other nonsense, we must continuously demonstrate our loyalty.

Unfortunately, it always rains...eventually.

That sounds almost cynical.  You don't think they have a selfish agenda, do you?

The word "cynical" gets a bad rap, especially when correctly employed.

I agree.

Here's what really bothers me.  After they prayed to all of those gods, what if each of them sends rain?  It could be a flood of biblical proportions.  And that Arc is in Kentucky - a long canoo ride away!  It could wash a huge gully through the state!

Here's what really bothers me.  What if they prayed to the wrong rain gods?  They left out a whole bunch, Aztec, Polynesian, Mesopotamian, maybe even African and Norwegian.  If they missed the REAL rain god, it might not work at all!

I'm so confused.

I remember one time we had a horrible draught in Ohio.  So here comes the rain.  I could see it crossing the field.  I was praising the Lord.  I stood there and watched as it rained on the other side of the road and my garden didn't get a drop. I laughed.

Obviously, either you or your vegetables were not worthy.

It must have been the upstart vegetables.

At least you had a sense of humor about it!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service