Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Why "Cosmos" Will NOT be Accompanied by Creationist Explanation for...well...the Cosmos

Neil deGrasse Tyson came out swinging when evangelical types complained that the TV show, Cosmos, which presents the evolution-based theory of how the universe came into being, ought have a few scenes explaining "an alternative theory," creationism. DeGrasse had a brilliant retort: “You don’t talk about the spherical Earth with NASA, and then say let’s give equal time to the flat Earthers." 

Views: 1041

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good to know Cat.

I learned it from Christian Ferris of Corpus Christi, who must have the most misleading given name in history. He is the ring leader of our local non-believer bunch. We struggle mightily against both RCC, evangelical and Gordon Gekkoesque megachurch gullibles here. Somehow, we manage.

Of course, Christian's parents had no idea that his name would become so wildly inappropriate!

I like "spot on!"  and "I hear you," or "I heard THAT, Girlfriend!"

Or sometimes just, "Girrrrrlllllfre-e-e-e-end!"

I like to yell.  =8> 0

Ask them who or what created him/her/it, or what she/he/it did on the 8th day.

I don't know why Mr. Bonaparte would post that fake photo of the moon walk stuff, which was shot in an Arizona desert at night and hooked up to a world TV link so the U.S. could fool people all over the world making them think the U.S. had landed on the moon.  It was a government idea to counter the successes of the Soviets in such amazing feats as putting monkeys in capsules and having them orbit. They could have used expendable humans, but then humans can give interviews. I can just see Ronald Reagan from "Bedtime for Bonzo." He's asking the chimp, "Tell me about what the moon walk was like?"

There's a creationist response, "Creationist Cosmos"
(at Funny or Die)

(I couldn't get the video embedding to work.)

Good one.

It's a joke. Right.

Funny!

I guess I'm too far gone.  I don't find POE funny, certainly not in a time when there are people out there who would take ol' Jared of the Creationist Baptist Church of Alabama as though he were speaking straight from the shoulder.

Stick in the mud.  I gots it.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service