Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Why "Cosmos" Will NOT be Accompanied by Creationist Explanation for...well...the Cosmos

Neil deGrasse Tyson came out swinging when evangelical types complained that the TV show, Cosmos, which presents the evolution-based theory of how the universe came into being, ought have a few scenes explaining "an alternative theory," creationism. DeGrasse had a brilliant retort: “You don’t talk about the spherical Earth with NASA, and then say let’s give equal time to the flat Earthers." 

Views: 1081

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Felaine, I didn't know that hair does not absorb water, but drying jebus' feet with her hair always seemed overboard to me.  Like she was a super worshiper and brown-noser.  It seemed very impractical unless she had extremely long hair. 

She had magic hair.

Well that explains it then! Hahaha!

I had hair down to my knees for years, but it never dried anything.....no magic in mine, I guess.

Made/Maid of Cotton, perhaps?

More like dried out straw....but definitely not absorbent....hahaha!

I was told the morons were supposed to be a family, therefore the brother/sister thing. I found that when someone called me sister after being babtyzd at age 9, I didn't like it. Seeds of my doubts were already sown before that time as well & nothing stopped the progression. 

I didn't care for the brother/sister labels either.  I don't think I ever used them.  Even after quitting the church and having my name taken off their records, I had a couple of people call me brother.  Weird.

Even the word ''brother'' in front of Richard's name on here bothers me a little.....& at the time, it alone made me hesitate about joining AN.

Have you ever told him about your reaction? I wonder if he knows? Surely he would like to receive feedback. 

That's because of his religious background, Patricia. Just Google Richard Haynes and read all about it.

I have to admit, I paused at that, too.

No Joan, I just figure my reaction is my own issue, & never thought of saying anything.

On the other hand, lots of us have religious backgrounds, & want to shed all association with any of the words. Non-relative brother/sister terms always make me think moronism, or cult-ism. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service