Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Why "Cosmos" Will NOT be Accompanied by Creationist Explanation for...well...the Cosmos

Neil deGrasse Tyson came out swinging when evangelical types complained that the TV show, Cosmos, which presents the evolution-based theory of how the universe came into being, ought have a few scenes explaining "an alternative theory," creationism. DeGrasse had a brilliant retort: “You don’t talk about the spherical Earth with NASA, and then say let’s give equal time to the flat Earthers." 

Views: 1038

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GC, I thought it was funny. Especially going through space in the church van. 

Yes, the church van was definitely funny. 

This is why I admire soooo much. What a great man.

Jessica, to whom are you directing your comments ... no I mean to whom do you refer. 

You wrote, 

"This is why I admire soooo much. What a great man."

Who do you admire? Who is a great man? 

Perfect retort.....

Ok guys, I'm losin' it!!!!

I was searching the tv guide desperately looking for Cosmos tonight until I ran across a SATURDAY program!!!!

I must be getting needy for my Dr. Neil fix!!!! GEESH!!!!

Yes, I am needing Cosmos fixes as well. ... and Neil's too. 

No, worries, Patricia.  Today (Saturday) felt like Sunday to me as well. 

I usually watch "Sunday Morning", but they are very disappointing today, with 90% religious stories.  However, I'm sure Neil will not disappoint tonight!

I think their lead story about how much Pope Francis can change the church was reasonably important, and I just posted a piece about that.  No, the ultimate conclusion isn't much different from what we might expect, but I think our continued attention with that issue is warranted.

My fundie bro-in-law stayed with us this weekend with his equally-fundie wife. It killed me to miss last night's episode, as I haven't missed one yet, not even while on vacation a few weeks ago.

But I'm catching the repeat right now :-] SO happy.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service