A few hours ago I called my grandmother to wish her a happy birthday and near the end of that conversation she asked me if I still went to church, I proceed to tell her that I no longer believe in the existence of a god and she began to lay into me with the usual its a phase type routine, I cut the conversation short, but near the end she said she wanted to talk about "god" at another time. Know normally I am usually not timid in regard to this issue, but around family I really don't like to bring it up as relations in my family are already tense enough without even bringing religion into the equation. I'm just wondering how I should handle this situation; should I go the direct route and confront her when she brings it up again, side step the issue entirely, or something else. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Tags: Family, confrontation, situation

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Avoid those who are vexations to the spirit

hehehe.....and side step the vexations of doom and gloom and tune into an eight hour vexation of piano

http://www.ubu.com/sound/vexations.html

I had to look up the definition ov "vexation" and this is what Google first provided.

jest a little music interlude to the perplexing topic!

-Lu

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service