Atheist Nexus Logo

I was on Youtube and noticed the following ad banner for the National Guard:

For a split second, I thought it was an ad for a church or something, until I saw the National Guard logo.  WTF?  I guess only Christians are needed in the National Guard.  Or everyone is needed and they will encourage you to read the Bible.

Tags: Bible, Guard, National

Views: 296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.atheistnexus.org/group/hangwithfriends/forum/topics/spir...

Ruth started a discussion on this: Spiritual Fitness Requirement in the US armed forces.  It's a very good discussion.

I've seen this ad in the theatre before. It shows how realistic joining the National Guard is huh hahahahaha
I saw the same thing. I clicked on it and it is an ad for Chaplains needed in the National Guard. So, not AS offensive. But they are not holding a Koran or anything. Clearly religion means Christianity to the Guard. What about more psychologists, who might have something to help those suffering from trauma.

Maybe a hand holding a DSM IV
Or, instead of the big book of jewish and christian fairy tales, it could show him holding - ohhh, I don't know - a copy of the CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES!!!  As in the one every service member takes an oath to uphold and defend against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service