I was on Youtube and noticed the following ad banner for the National Guard:

For a split second, I thought it was an ad for a church or something, until I saw the National Guard logo.  WTF?  I guess only Christians are needed in the National Guard.  Or everyone is needed and they will encourage you to read the Bible.

Tags: Bible, Guard, National

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.atheistnexus.org/group/hangwithfriends/forum/topics/spir...

Ruth started a discussion on this: Spiritual Fitness Requirement in the US armed forces.  It's a very good discussion.

I've seen this ad in the theatre before. It shows how realistic joining the National Guard is huh hahahahaha
I saw the same thing. I clicked on it and it is an ad for Chaplains needed in the National Guard. So, not AS offensive. But they are not holding a Koran or anything. Clearly religion means Christianity to the Guard. What about more psychologists, who might have something to help those suffering from trauma.

Maybe a hand holding a DSM IV
Or, instead of the big book of jewish and christian fairy tales, it could show him holding - ohhh, I don't know - a copy of the CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES!!!  As in the one every service member takes an oath to uphold and defend against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service