Hi everyone,

Not to sound too conceited or anything, but my problem isn't necessarily finding dates/men.. but actually finding men who are not scared of my intelligence! Just being an atheist means you are dramatically more intelligent than the average joe. I would argue that this is mostly  because of all the careful study and research a lot of us do to finally come to that conclusion. Also, being an atheist means that you have the intellectual capacity to realize that the universe wasn't made for just you. Wow! That seems to take an extreme amount of reason...

I am 23, but I still feel the overwhelming pressures of sexism ... to let the man wear the pants. I was in a great relationship from 19-21 where it was completely egalitarian and respecting. However, the ones since then, and it seems those types that I am attracted to, are very intimidated by me being an intelligent/educated woman. It's the whole, "barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen" mentality it seems. I don't see gender roles as evil, but I do see it as evil when men basically want you to be their slave..... :(. ugh. 

Anyways, I've finally come to the conclusion that I need to meet people who are more on my wave length. Fellow humanists/atheists it would appear. My last relationship was a quick one, with an ex-jehovah's witness! Oh man, the mental scarring that man faced was just downright sad. Anyway, that didn't work out mainly because of how nutty that JW cult is! Since that, I have realized I must not settle for a "glazed eyed" drug addict. And by the word drug I mean religion. However, a lot of the atheist men I do meet bore me to death or are extremely socially awkward. Why is that? 

Anyway, does anyone face the same problem as me?

Views: 768

Replies to This Discussion

I tell you what Anna, my biggest turn on is intelligence.  I don't know who you're dating, but clearly they are missing out on what is the best quality in any human.

More than a year later, but the wording that Anna used in her title could describe my situation. I have been married twice, but I am a widow with an 18-year-old daughter and a 9-week-old grandson who both live with me.  I am 56, but probably look somewhat younger. I have a PhD and I work 4 jobs to make ends meet. Our household distribution of labor is a work in progress. I am in the New Orleans area. 

I want to post a photo, but it seems that it will take an hour or more to do so: I seem to be getting nowhere!  If you click on the empty box, you should be able to see my picture anyway.

Please look for me at SCICON 2011 in New Orleans in late October 2011--my first attendance at a skeptic's/atheist's event. I am up for meeting both men and women; here in the Bible Belt, it is especially precious to make an atheist friend!

Gloria Manucia

My main problem: finding atheist women.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service