“I was not. I have been, I am not. I am so grateful to have participated in life!”

A beloved cousin died yesterday and we, at a Johnson/Smith/Denoo family get together had a discussion about what we want inscribed on our gravesite. I don't intend to have a gravesite, but will have a marker placed on my mother's grave. I want it to be clear that when I die, my mind, body and emotions change into a different form and return to the atoms from which I evolved. 

Views: 647

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How whimsical!

Spud, I love the Atheist one.
I'd use it if I was going to have a marker.

Off topic, but I think it's funny:

That poor child..  He  probably  thinks  he will never  get another  Christmas  present....I am sure though  his  parents,aunts and uncles  will prove  otherwise...:)

Yes, I do feel sorry for him, but I think it's funny anyway.  

For one thing, his sadness won't last long. It's not like religious fear and guilt that can go on for an entire life.

If that is the worst thing to happen to a kid, he has a great life. Its his parent's fault for teaching him there is a Santa. Now if he lost a sibling, or parent, or friend, or his home, or got sick, those are sad,

Sentient.......No one  likes  to see a kid  cry.....You need  to think like  a child for a moment   and remember   how it was  at that age....:)

Daniel, I don't like parent's teaching children about santa either.

That's funny Spud.

Crying is good for kids. Lol
Joan, I really like your epitath. I think it's as expressive and positive as any here. I would be proud to know that mine stated the same. Maybe I will have to buy a municipal park bench for a park or streetside, stating that, before I die. Then I can sit on it and smile. And know that others can do the same. Or have a tree planted with a plaque stating that. Or a park bench and a tree.

Oh YES! I like your idea! A tree, a bench, and a plaque! Can't think of a better way to memorialize a life lived and enjoyed. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service