After reading Jared Lardo's discussion I thought I would begin one with the opposite premise, movies and tv shows that were ruined by story lines relating to belief in god, or the supernatural. Or predestination - I do not believe in fate, destiny, grand plan, or any of that crap.

Note, if I know going in, that it's about the supernatural I don't have a problem with it like with Lost.

** Potential Spoiler alert for Battlestar Galactica and I Am Legend ** >>

An example is the recent TV show Battlestar Galactica, which I got hooked on. Then they completely ruined the entire series with finale where everything was god's plan.

The movie I am Legend with Will Smith. Basic message I got: Science caused the problem, god will save. Yes I know Will Smith's character Neville, discovered the cure but that would have been useless if god hadn't sent Anna to meet him and escape to the colony.

I recently watched the first episode of Flash Forward. I got a bad feeling about this one. Whether it's "god is punishing us" or future is set and can't be changed BS.

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"A handful of talented stand-up comedians ruin their acts with cringe-worthy injections of such delusion."

Just curious, could you name a couple?

"Oh and allow Sci-Fi, son; 1977's long gone." Sorry I don't follow
Steve Harvey ("atheists are idiots"), Cedric, Kevin Hart, Dennis Leary...

Come to think of it, I have yet to see an anti-religion or anti-god stand-up act performed by an African-American.

If religious comedians were restricted to the 'talent' and even fame of someone like the evangelical Dane Cook, then I wouldn't be too annoyed.

"Oh and allow Sci-Fi, son; 1977's long gone." Sorry I don't follow

Star Wars? Sorry; first thing that popped into my head. Not a fan of the genre(s)(?).
"Steve Harvey" oh yea, I guess I stopped thinking him as a comedian.
Speaking of Battlestar Galactica, has anyone seen the pilot for Caprica? I watched it with my husband last week, and although we are both atheists, we had very different opinions about it. Since it's so new I don't want to say anything more and spoil it for anyone, but I am curious to know if anyone plans to watch it once the series starts in January.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service